RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

I think thats just the type of the wire they use for the antennas.
As mine are covered up you dont see the wire so I just chose none.

2trickpony said:
Thanks ... Great results!!!! YIKES $50.00 shipping to US!!!

AlTiTuDe06 said:
2trickpony said:
Thanks ... Great results!!!! YIKES $50.00 shipping to US!!!

LOl, the joys of worldwide shopping !! :D

Although I've not yet bought any craft yet - March I hope - I have been corresponding with Horizon. They are extremely experienced, like 40 years in he RF field!, even to the point of being over my head in some of it. I can recommend talking to them. They responded to several emails today. Unlike quadcopters.co.uk who have yet to respond to a week old email.

For me I was looking for clarity at the full range (publised) of a P2 using a IRC600. they recommended this set of antennas
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -set-rhcp/
and a Nimrod http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... enna-white

its worth a read at both the product descriptions. there are also links to video distance tests they have done.

BTW I am not convinced that the problem of limited range lies with the Black Pearl.

David Craig

Sorry if I am stating something you all know - I noticed on some the you tube video tests on horizons channel (fpvtests) there was a huge difference in the transmitter power output depending on what channel is used. Finding the right channel to give the best match with th Black Pearl might be worth a try.

The difference was significant. The IRC600 unfortunately was not on the test list of videos so not definitive.

David

2trickpony i live in Elgin and would like a look at your set up before i drop a Grand on a new set up if thats possible let me know .Thanks.

saltire said:
2trickpony i live in Elgin and would like a look at your set up before i drop a Grand on a new set up if thats possible let me know .Thanks.

I'm just 45 mins away from you. What are you upto this weekend, you could pop in past if you like?

PM me if you want to catch up.

Cheers

hi everyone, first time post in here. I just want to share my experience with the most common setup. imrc 600mw tx with spironets sp on both sides and spironet patch on the Black Pearl monitor.
Thanks for goldfishrock,shrimpfarmer and other people in the forum. from your experience we all know this setup will give you range about 1-1.5km mark(video start degrade and unstable after 1km). when I started with just stock whip antennas on the Black Pearl and I only got about 500m. but I would say the quality of reception is terrible. it keep flicking and snow, I sometime see black and white image.

And today I have just received my fatshark predator v2 goggles. first flight with whip antennas on both sides I went 1.5km with super solid video there and back. didn't push its limit but seriously good reception. second flight I put the spironet sp on tx and Ibcrazy 5 turn helical on goggles. I went over 3 km easily with stock controller with super solid video. I kept pushing it until the failsafe kick in. of course there were few small hiccups while coming back due to the back mounting spironet. I didn't think the video range is limit except battery and controller. if you got the Fatshark goggles I don't think you need to buy any fancy antenna.

For the BP monitor, I have spent hours try to find out what is wrong there. but one thing for sure is the massive interference from the controller antenna if you mount it right on top of it. I am using the Ravecreative mount. It is very obvious when you turn the controller on and off or simply detach the monitor and move around it. may be the black pearl doesn't bypass the 2.4ghz that well or its just good for ground station. I have tried it with tripod mount and stand away a bit and it perform much better than it was on the controller. however, I have not yet test on long distance due to location. maybe you guys can give it a try.

leekawey said:
And today I have just received my fatshark predator v2 goggles. first flight with whip antennas on both sides I went 1.5km with super solid video there and back. didn't push its limit but seriously good reception. second flight I put the spironet sp on tx and Ibcrazy 5 turn helical on goggles. I went over 3 km easily with stock controller with super solid video. I kept pushing it until the failsafe kick in. of course there were few small hiccups while coming back due to the back mounting spironet. I didn't think the video range is limit except battery and controller. if you got the Fatshark goggles I don't think you need to buy any fancy antenna.

Hi leekawey,

What about the terrain you were flying in? Was it flat, trees, sand, etc,etc., Altitude?

EDIT: Also was it the stock transmitter, stock receiver?

Thanks

I will do another test with the BP mounted on a tripod, well away from the controller and see if that makes any difference.
Will post results shortly.

2trickpony said:
I will do another test with the BP mounted on a tripod, well away from the controller and see if that makes any difference.
Will post results shortly.

Thanks, i will keep my eye on your post. :)

OK, here we are. To be honest I dont see a lot of difference moving the BP away from the controller. The ramge is around the same too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8Mwj4HwgI[/youtube]

Attachments

• DSC06926.JPG
    DSC06926.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC06924.JPG
    DSC06924.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 419
2trickpony said:
OK, here we are. To be honest I dont see a lot of difference moving the BP away from the controller. The ramge is around the same too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8Mwj4HwgI[/youtube]

Thanks for showing us the video. So mounting on the Tripod doesn't not solve the problem.
It's quite dispointed range with your antennas. On goggles you will see easy 3k+.
I guess black pearl is not working well with immersionRC. And really hope fatshark or immersionRC making monitor soon.
Or simple use immersionRC 5800 v2 uno £50 for Rx. I have seen someone done 2500m easy.

Hi leekawey,

What about the terrain you were flying in? Was it flat, trees, sand, etc,etc., Altitude?

Thanks[/quote]

Hi. I was inside my house and through first floor window. There are two big trees in front about 10m. But they are sepretaly leave me 20m gap. So I have to fly straight ahead to keep my LOS. I am really shocked and surprised I can go more than 3km with attitude about 80m. Stock transmitter and receiver. I heard a lot of people don't get much with futaba or many complications. With stock you will guaranteed more than 3km. I alway fly my phantom like I stole it. I will not fear to go far! With the new goggles now I realize battery is my enemy.

leekawey said:
Hi leekawey,

Thanks

Hi. I was inside my house and through first floor window. There are two big trees in front about 10m. But they are sepretaly leave me 20m gap. So I have to fly straight ahead to keep my LOS. I am really shocked and surprised I can go more than 3km with attitude about 80m. Stock transmitter and receiver. I heard a lot of people don't get much with futaba or many complications. With stock you will guaranteed more than 3km. I alway fly my phantom like I stole it. I will not fear to go far! With the new goggles now I realize battery is my enemy.[/quote]

I have no idea how you manage to get more than 3km with STOCK tx and rx ???

I have no idea how you manage to get more than 3km with STOCK tx and rx ???[/quote]

May be 3km was one off. But today I did 2300m just for fun. There are many people in this forum have done it with video on YouTube. I have also flown my phantom vision 5.8ghz for 1800m. 3000m is maximum safe limit for the battery to go there and back.
How far have you push it? Until your video lost? You should close your eyes and push the forward stick for at lease 5mins :twisted:

leekawey said:
I have no idea how you manage to get more than 3km with STOCK tx and rx ???

May be 3km was one off. But today I did 2300m just for fun. There are many people in this forum have done it with video on YouTube. I have also flown my phantom vision 5.8ghz for 1800m. 3000m is maximum safe limit for the battery to go there and back.
How far have you push it? Until your video lost? You should close your eyes and push the forward stick for at lease 5mins :twisted:[/quote]

I have tried that but it switches to RTH around 1.5km

2Trick how are you capturing your IOSD FPV display. I assume your taking the video out of the Black Pearl but what are you recording it with?

I ordered a set of those antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie