Range Extension

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to have a little bit longer range when using my P2V. I found some things on the web about using an AmpedWireless range extender to boost the wireless range, I was wondering if anyone here has used something similar and has tips?

I am photographing over water for the majority of my work, however I am worried that at some times my sites will be too far from the shore for me to get the altitude I need and still be close enough for the wireless connection that comes with the drone. If the range extender isn't really going to be helpful, does anyone have other (easy) suggestions for range extension? I am not really technically saavy so any major modifications may be a bit out of my league.

I can tell you there are many YouTube videos on many, many modifications that others have done to extend range. Some look like they are not that much of a problem to make, other may be. It all depends on just how much skill you have with opening case items and working inside. Check out the videos and they may tell you much about what you need to know. Myself, I like to keep the quad within sight, so the unit as it was manufactured is OK for me.

Happyflyer said:
I can tell you there are many YouTube videos on many, many modifications that others have done to extend range. Some look like they are not that much of a problem to make, other may be. It all depends on just how much skill you have with opening case items and working inside. Check out the videos and they may tell you much about what you need to know. Myself, I like to keep the quad within sight, so the unit as it was manufactured is OK for me.

The good thing about using an external range extender, is you don't have to touch or mod the PV at all....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20