range extender

got my dbs this morning...took remote apart and when it was time to install the new cables they were the wrong ones..they sent me the ones if your going to drill holes..good thing is that the right ones(hopefully)are to arrive tommorow sometime

Clean install uses 3D plastic printed pieces to use the existing holes. You can't use the existing holes without some sort of piece to hold the wires in place, otherwise they'll just flop around. It's pretty easy to install all of this, save the $$ and do it yourself. There's lots of helpful youtube vids.

Clean install doesn't use 3D printed plugs. The plugs are for when you drill.

Honestly if I had it do over I would drill. The drilled holes stay right. The antenna ones are always wiggly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Clean install doesn't use 3D printed plugs. The plugs are for when you drill.

Honestly if I had it do over I would drill. The drilled holes stay right. The antenna ones are always wiggly.

They use 3D printed pass-through "plugs". Alright, they don't plug up the hole :rolleyes: but it's a plastic piece you'll need to keep the antenna cables fixed in the stock antenna holes.

If I had to do it again I would NOT drill holes - the 3D printed pieces work just fine for keeping the antenna cables in place, and you can always easily revert to stock antennas if you need to.

DBS ITELITE from MaxxUAV.com is the only way to go with the clean install kit ...Jake is awesome to deal with

I haven't seen the pass thru plugs? I don't see why you would need them?

If you have a Standard or P3/4K and need three holes, you could just pull one out the left side and two out the other. No plugs needed.

The plugs are to plug the hole after you drill.

On my P4 I didn't drill. I did the "clean" install kit and I wish I wouldn't have. They are constantly loose, and the location to the antenna puts constant strain on the stock antenna hole locations.

I just checked MaxxUAV's website and he doesn't seem to be selling them anymore. They were $10(?) a set and were used in place of his current clean install kit. The pieces worked great for holding the antennas in place and were cheap, just a little fragile. Guess he decided to stop selling them for some reason.

well i flew today almost 12300 feet with no loss in signal using my new entenna,,only reason i turned back was because i didnt have a full battery when i took off..im sure in could have gone over 15000 feet on a full charge..i just have to make sure battery is fully charged and and slow my speed down..my question is why would i get a bettery warning drone will rth in 10 seconds meassage,,can anyone help..thnks

spikeanoid..i have a question..does this new entenna drain the battery...thnks
No, the antenna won't drain the battery faster on either your remote or drone. On a full battery I could go out 23000 feet one way before needing to turn around. I might be able to stretch it a few feet but I like to leave some battery left if nothing else but to conserve the service life of the battery. Keep in mind a slower speed doesn't necessarily mean a longer battery life. I punch mine full throttle ahead when I did distance runs. Just be sure you fly into the wind when you fly away so you have the wind helping you when you return home (helps with battery life since your drone doesn't have to fight the wind).

Has anyone put an SWR meter in line to see how well tuned these elements are and how much power is being reflected back to the finals?

Does installing this void a DJI warranty?

Not sure I understand your question, Rott. Phantom 3 adv/pro doesn't need wifi to to fly. The Phantom remote broadcasts the Lightbridge signal on the 2.4xGhz frequency range, which is the same frequency range as wifi. However, this is not a wifi network. You only need wifi to cache maps to your device, not to fly your drone. Your remote takes care of the connection to your drone and sends the live view to your phone/tablet via USB cord. Wifi hotspots and cellular connections will have no effect on your drone's control range (although heavily congested areas with lots of wifi access points may hinder your control range). Hope this clears things up for you.
.......THANKS!! from a newbie here (LOOK see me over HERE!!)THAT answers widens my possible monitor picks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers