Range extender RE700 not working - HELP pls

Reaction score
Hey guys i saw other folks in the forum has the same issue as i have that RE does not give signal, or when it does the connection cannot be established ("mentve"="saved"). Does anyone have a solution for this? Preferably repair? I got my p2v+ v3 as new out of the box (i know this is an old model) and worked around 4 times then... not :(

Attachments

• 1467206257893.jpg
    1467206257893.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 470
  • 1467206271300.jpg
    1467206271300.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 452
  • 1467206319124.jpg
    1467206319124.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 384
I had same issue,
If you press reset on extender can you hook to it then? From your phone?

Mine turned out to be a bad gimbal board! Extender was fine.

If extender is fine, then to bypass test on your wifi module to see if it is working, by plugging it directly into CAM port on phantom mainboard using a spare wire. If this works, than most likely your gimbal board is bad, also ribbon cable can cause issues, but if no crash was involved, then 99% sure gimbal board is fried. If extender and wifi module is good.

Please check that out, and let us know?

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I had same issue,
If you press reset on extender can you hook to it then? From your phone?

Mine turned out to be a bad gimbal board! Extender was fine.

If extender is fine, then to bypass test on your wifi module to see if it is working, by plugging it directly into CAM port on phantom mainboard using a spare wire. If this works, than most likely your gimbal board is bad, also ribbon cable can cause issues, but if no crash was involved, then 99% sure gimbal board is fried. If extender and wifi module is good.

Please check that out, and let us know?

J Dot

Hey J Dot,

I cant even connect to the RE from my phone.. i cannot see a thing from the phantom until i get connected. I will try to reset the RE though and get back with the results.
Cheers

Not that I know of,
Only way was through the app, but it was causing FPV failure on fc200 egg on the P2v, and fc200 plus camera or wifi on the p2v+. That is why app was removed, to fix the issue.
The upgrade ( I believe to the best of my knowledge ) was only to allow the extender to also be used as a network, so you can fly and be hooked to home wifi or cell wifi for live streaming and such. ( but don't quote me on it, and all the info was removed from DJI's site, so going off memory, lol.

There are several procedures in diagnosing issue.

Like I said above,
Turn on extender wait 45 seconds, press reset and hold until both lights light up and system light goes out, release reset, let extender reboot ( approx 45 seconds ) then see if you can see ( Phantom-xxxxxx ) if so, make sure ( XXXXXX part Mac addy of extender matches sticker on back of extender ) if this all is good and you can link phone to extender, than extender is ok, and you have a different problem, I can help along the way, we will get it fixed, have to find problem, repair is simple!

Let me know your findings?

J Dot

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Wow... resetting the RE worked :) thanks for the tip! Sticker on the back matched, and i was able to connect. I hope this solved my issue permanently. Cheers :)

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers