Range extender problem

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my range extender, it was working fine but it ran out of battery mid flight so I brought the bird home without fpv. Went to charge my battery and the range extender. When i turned it on again, the system light on the range extender (RE700) stays off. If I try to reset the range externder, nothing happens, there's no blinking light.

My smartphone does not detect ahy phantom network.

Anybody has had a similar problem? Any ideas what might be happening ?

Appreciate your help, i want to fix this quickly so I can go back to shooting awesome videos

It might sound stupid but did it charge at all? It should light up when you plug it into a usb charger.

It did charge, I charged it for over 3 hours until the light turned green. It looks normal when it's charging with a yellow light that turns green when it's done.

When I turn it on, the power light turns green butnthe system light stays off, it doesn't do anything when i press the reset

D/L the manual. Go to the page on 'Binding' . It will take you about 60 seconds to bind it to the camera and all will work fine again.

I already did that, but the rebinding roedure is notworking on my RE. The system light which is supposed to blink, is not turning on.

I am sorry I could not help but just want you to be aware that you are not the only one that has problem with Range Extender. I still could not get it to work or even get even any response from DJI. Like I did post while back ago that mine was working fine at the first time and then I had to re-charge it for the first time, it stop working after that and could not recognize my iPhone. I am still not able to fly for two weeks...it is a bummer.

Just a thought but maybe you're phantom came in the wrong box and therefore the binding picture on the box is the wrong one? Does it match with the sticker on the camera? :?:

Madwak said:
Just a thought but maybe you're phantom came in the wrong box and therefore the binding picture on the box is the wrong one? Does it match with the sticker on the camera? :?:

If so then why it changed when it was working fine in the first time?

flydji said:
Madwak said:

If so then why it changed when it was working fine in the first time?

I assume that when you first received the phantom the camera was already bound to the receiver so there was no need to use the rebinding picture but now there is so check the details on the box match the details on the camera :|

It was the right box, worked fine. It stoped working after it ran out of battery and I charged it again.
I talked to dji, theynsaid it sounds like a hardware problem and i shiuld return it. Not the best option for me since I'm in Colombia and shipping is expensive and takes a lot of time. I'm trying to get a spare range extender hoping that will fix my problem. Anybody have suggestions on an alternate range extender ?.

flydji said:
I am sorry I could not help but just want you to be aware that you are not the only one that has problem with Range Extender. I still could not get it to work or even get even any response from DJI. Like I did post while back ago that mine was working fine at the first time and then I had to re-charge it for the first time, it stop working after that and could not recognize my iPhone. I am still not able to fly for two weeks...it is a bummer.

Sorry to hear that, i've tried several groups and forums and you are the only other person who has had the same problem so far. If you live in the states it's probably better to return it and have it replaced.
I've been flying mine though, you can set the camera recording manually by pressing the button on it until it turns red/orange . The problem ther is that the camera stays fixed at 45 degree angle, so you have to fly realy high to get good video.

Does anynody have a spare range sxtender from a previous crash/flyaway ?

I am now having the same problem. The extender is just not transmitting a signal. Guess I'll have to call B&H Photo.

My range extender only works about 10 feet away - pretty much lose connection right as I take off, sometimes even when I just start spinning the props. FPV is really the only reason I went with the P2V+ rather than one with a GoPro mount since I did have a GPH3B before I got my phantom.

I have tried to re-bind the extender/phantom with no change. Anyone else experience something like this or is mine just defective?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik