Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Range extender Issues after update...

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Wally, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Wally

Hi guys,

did a search but couldn't find a good answer. My P2V+ functions great, had about 150 flights without problems. Didn't fly for about two months, but took the bird out to the Alps for the holiday. When I powered it up yesterday, I got a pop-up that the range extender needed an update. So I did that, took a minute. Soon after that I took off, and saw that it showed that the range extender had 5% batt left, while it had 80% earlier. So took the bird down and charged the range extender. After charging for several hours, took it out again, but it still showed 5%. Had a good flight nonetheless, everything functioned fine.
    Just to be sure I charged it all night. When I start up, it shows 100% full, but soon afterwards it shows 5% again. Or just a blue symbol without a %:
    [​IMG]

Here it is at take off:
    [​IMG]

And this a few minutes later:

[​IMG]

And the connection is jinxy, I get this a lot, whole the bird stays perfect.y operational:
    [​IMG]

So, I seem to have some malfunction in my R.E... I tried hooking it up to my computer, but I can not seem to get in, or update anything.

Anybody an idea on what is wrong and what to do...?

Thanx!

2. RoyVa

From what you are describing your firmware update hosed up or you are getting a battery hardware failure. I would delete the assistant from my computer and download a fresh copy of the latest version and the Windows driver then give it another go to try to update it again. At least that's a place to start with the diagnostics.

3. Photofun

Hi Wally, I own the same drone, the last V3 version. I fly regularly and still enjoy the P2 a lot.

Reading your post I recognized I see the same with my P2. In fact it never got to the point of the range extender stop working during flight. At times it will show 80% battery life, on average its always showing a low battery level.

I cant help to think DJI thought it necessary to "push" existing clients a little to upgrade......

Siegfried