Range Extender I just seen this video on Youtube??

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone familiar with this ,used it and no it works or does not??

Number one it kills the warranty. Yes any directional antenna and booster gives added range. However the P3 already has fantastic range so you need more?

I've installed this unit. No issues with installation and reception is incredible. Gives you peace of mind when you are stationed behind trees. Penetration is excellent. Also low level performance at distance is improved dramatically.

Thanks RoyVa for your response! My issue is not really that I need more range but I would like to get a little more then 800-900 metres. Where I live here in newfoundland is full of hills and lots of trees, thick woods. I am finding 800-900 metres and I am losing signal, video and RC. I would like to see the at least 1 to 1.5 kms and I would be very happy. It appears to fly in my area and amount of distance I am gonna need some sort of booster for my signal

DJI's warranty is about useless anyway so not much to lose. To the OP if you search their are hundreds of guys on this site running FVLR antennas. Most upgrades are these or DBS panels.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

you can get a few different levels of this mod. the basic (without the amps), thats what I use and go 6.5kms and then theres the advanced with the amps and guys can go 6 miles with it.

Also you could just get the basic kit and the cp birdside antennas.. thats the best I think as there is a health risk with using amps like that.

Thx Bret! The install looks a little tricky?? You had no issues?

The manufacturer offers the service of posting the TX to him and he will install at a cost and post back. Most people have done the install ok but theres plenty of damaged TX's from people trying who didnt have the required skill to do it. Seems like most times people damage the ribbon cables.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic