Range Extender Help: P3 4K

Reaction score
A few basic questions. I am currently considering buying an extender and know very little.

1. Which range extender(s) is/are currently available for the P3 4K? Please include a link.
2. Does the improved range also allow for longer FPV range, or will FPV cut out at the same distance as the stock transmitter?
3. What type of range will I get with the extender?
4. Difficulty of install? Also, are there any online tutorials on how to do this for the 4K (aside from the one I found that's in Chinese)?

Thanks!

1) 27dbm mod - up to 1.5km
2) dbs-01 antenna - up to 1.5km (2km with 27 dbm mod)
3) 5.8g china no brand booster - 4km+ for rc
4) 2.4g sunhans booster (2.5w) x1 or 2 - 4km+ for fpv
5) drone side 2.4g antenna - less video lagging when turn

1) Range Extender is often not a good phrase to use because it's too general. But to answer your question, there are dozens of ways to improve your signal. You can use a better antenna. You can improve the signal of an existing antenna. You can amplify the signal before it reaches your antenna. You can amplify a signal after it reaches your antenna. You can use higher quality cables. There are endless combinations limited only by your imagination. And they all can be called "range extenders" or boosters or whatever you want to call them. But I think it's best to call them by name.

2) You would have to be more specific, but generally FPV will cut out before the control signal.

3) You need to be more specific, there are a lot of variables.

4) Learning to install is part of the fun. :grinning:

Hope this helps.

Does anyone recommend a good link for the Argtek extender (4K) version? I see a lot on Ebay, but I'm hesitant to order one without knowing much about these oversea vendors.

Does anyone recommend a good link for the Argtek extender (4K) version? I see a lot on Ebay, but I'm hesitant to order one without knowing much about these oversea vendors.
argtek isn't that good have one go with dbs mod maxxuav.com

Reactions: 1800BigRob
Argtek is just slightly cheaper than Dbs but you don't have the option to upgrade with boosters. Might as well go with Dbs right away. Here is the signal quality difference with windsurfer vs dbs mod. Unboosted, both had been updated to 27dbm mod.

DBS mod comparison.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers