Range Extender Battery

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their Range Extender RE700 for their Phantom Vision 2 Plus?
My battery for the past week kept going down in charge and now will not charge at all. No indicator lights.
Any thoughts what might have caused this battery to go out ?
Where can I purchase a new RE700?
timsco60

A shorted filter capacitor maybe? There is such a thing as a "smart short" that is resistive in nature and could grow with time. I have no idea what the Range Extender schematic look like.

Timsco60 said:
Has anyone had problems with their Range Extender RE700 for their Phantom Vision 2 Plus?
My battery for the past week kept going down in charge and now will not charge at all. No indicator lights.
timsco60

I have the same issue. Won't charge up. I am trying to get the dealer to take it back under warranty.

Just been on to Quadcopters.co.uk where I bought mine. They have advised to send it back and they will send it on to DJI for inspection as they don't deal with warranty stuff that much any more.

Funny enough they guy asked me what %age I run it down to normally (usually about 20-25%) as he said that if it was run too low DJI will not accept a warranty claim. Turnaround is in the region of two weeks.

I don't remember anywhere reading about not running down the extender battery too low...

Timsco60 said:
timsco60

If no indicator lights it is possible that the USB charger is bad. You should have a yellow when charging and green when finished.
You might want to try another USB charger or cable. Yellow charge light should come on even if battery is defective unless it is fully shorted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik