Range - differences between firmware versions, hardware versions

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to prove that newer firmware diminishes range or output? And I mean both firmware for RC, firmware for the P3A/P. And also with the newer hardware (new motors), has anyone been able to prove diminished range? There is a lot of talk about this, but I can't find anyone who tested any of this.

Try for yourself and report back if you haven't updated firmware yet.. :D
If your phantom performs flawlessly then there's no need to update firmware..

Hogwash. I'll do a test tonight to disprove this. I had 1.3.2 firmware on both RC & aircraft when I got it a week ago. Flew it about 3000ft before lose signal. I upgrade both firmware to 1.4.3 (RC) & 1.4.001 (aircraft) couple days ago. I will fly the same flight path and report back.

Hogwash. I'll do a test tonight to disprove this. I had 1.3.2 firmware on both RC & aircraft when I got it a week ago. Flew it about 3000ft before lose signal. I upgrade both firmware to 1.4.3 (RC) & 1.4.001 (aircraft) couple days ago. I will fly the same flight path and report back.

3000' is easy for P3A/P3P..
You should've tried max range first.. I've tested stock antenna P3P with old firmware upto 14'500' in suburb area.. If you can reach same range with new firmware then I guess it's hogwash.. o_O

3000' is easy for P3A/P3P..
You should've tried max range first.. I've tested stock antenna P3P with old firmware upto 14'500' in suburb area.. If you can reach same range with new firmware then I guess it's hogwash.. o_O
I'm in heavily congested urban city. I'm not expecting much as there are lots of interference. But I will fly exact same route tonight. This test should provide some insight if there's some deliberate range diminishment from firmware upgrade.

Flew tonight like I promised. Same range...~3000ft at 200ft high. Went to 300ft and almost got to a mile, 5180ft. I'm convinced firmware 1.4. does not diminish range. Put this myth to rest.

Next is to try the windsurfer. Getting one shipped from china, by Skyreat, it's the foldable kind.

Try for yourself and report back if you haven't updated firmware yet.. :D
If someone asks a question, it is probably because they don't know or can't test it...

Flew tonight like I promised. Same range...~3000ft at 200ft high. Went to 300ft and almost got to a mile, 5180ft. I'm convinced firmware 1.4. does not diminish range. Put this myth to rest.
Exactly what I thought as well... Nobody ever proved that firmware 1.3, 1.4 or even the new controller firmware or new controller GL300B or new P3 build changes range... Unless proven otherwise, of course!

Exactly what I thought as well... Nobody ever proved that firmware 1.3, 1.4 or even the new controller firmware or new controller GL300B or new P3 build changes range... Unless proven otherwise, of course!
I am on the latest version of everything and last weekend I did several long range flights out in the country, varying from 12k' up to 16k', with only one anomaly. My final flight was 17220' out (5.2km) with a stock RC . Only my battery made me turn back.

I am on the latest version of everything and last weekend I did several long range flights out in the country, varying from 12k' up to 16k', with only one anomaly. My final flight was 17220' out (5.2km) with a stock RC . Only my battery made me turn back.
What hardware old or new? RC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4