Range Anxiety - What's your comfort range?

2x 2300 mahs

People of the innernets, please pay attention. Your Phantom will NOT fly 44,000 feet.

See, the problem here is you did not state that at all in your original post. That leaves some who are new to the DJI game with all sorts of incorrect and dangerous assumptions. You did state "Stock RC" well to a new guy, that just adds more problems to the equation.

People of the innernets, please pay attention. Your Phantom will NOT fly 44,000 feet.

See, the problem here is you did not state that at all in your original post. That leaves some who are new to the DJI game with all sorts of incorrect and dangerous assumptions. You did state "Stock RC" well to a new guy, that just adds more problems to the equation.

Thank you for calling him out.

Tone, where you been-- oh I see, setting records:D:D:D-- good stuff

question:
Last time I flew (out in the middle of the mountains), I noticed a crapload of interference. Never really put one and one together, but my tablet was dead, so I was using my phone with wifi (foxfi) tether hotspot. Could the wifi hotspot have created the interference? I'd test it now, but it's been raining the past 3 days.

question:
Last time I flew (out in the middle of the mountains), I noticed a crapload of interference. Never really put one and one together, but my tablet was dead, so I was using my phone with wifi (foxfi) tether hotspot. Could the wifi hotspot have created the interference? I'd test it now, but it's been raining the past 3 days.
HMMMMMMMMMM:rolleyes:

I did an 8 mile round trip, flight coming back was straight back across the lake.
Humm, it looks like a 4mi round trip, based on the video, if we believe Google maps. I assume the end of the video (8:43) is the half way turn-around point, right? Nice video. Next time chase those PWC in the water, while staying a safe distance of course.

upload_2015-12-3_12-43-48.png

Last edited:
question:
Its possible. Check your settings and see if you have dual band , 2.4 GHz and 5.8ghz. If you do , use the 5.8 GHz band . The phantom uses 2.4 GHz so if you are using 5.8 GHz for your tether than you should be good to go.

Reactions: Ohary
question:
Or you could cache the maps you need and then just switch to airplane mode and that would eliminate any possibility of interference.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj