Randomly Going to ATTI Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have done some searching and haven't been able to find anything on this issue. When my P3S is on and I pick it up and turn it on it's side, the camera starts to go crazy and zips all around. It also keeping going into ATTI mode and announcing it audibly through my ipad. It will keep repeating this sequence until I turn it back upright. Obviously I don't always carry it like this, just made me wonder what is going on with it. Thoughts?

Did you ever think it might be because the GPS Antenna is on top? Turn it on it's side it looses GPS.

I have done some searching and haven't been able to find anything on this issue. When my P3S is on and I pick it up and turn it on it's side, the camera starts to go crazy and zips all around. It also keeping going into ATTI mode and announcing it audibly through my ipad. It will keep repeating this sequence until I turn it back upright. Obviously I don't always carry it like this, just made me wonder what is going on with it. Thoughts?
The camera is zipping around because the gimbal motor is trying to level itself, which it does when in flight. It's switching to ATTI Mode because your obstructing the gps, as the poster above mentioned - gps is on the top.
It's normal.

Did you ever think it might be because the GPS Antenna is on top? Turn it on it's side it looses GPS.

Obviously I didn't, otherwise, I wouldn't have made the post. I got the quad last week. Thanks for your help and condescension.

Obviously I didn't, otherwise, I wouldn't have made the post. I got the quad last week. Thanks for your help and condescension.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you happy with the answers or irritated?
;)

Rod

Yes this is all normal for the circumstance. The gimbal is working very hard while you're doing this. I always power down the quad before picking it up to avoid this.

If it makes you feel any better I ran into the same problem..sort of.... had the shell open for repairs and had the compass dangling instead of mounted in the landing gear..with the compass not on a horizontal plane I could never get it to calibrate right.

Welcome to the forum!

Are you happy with the answers or irritated?
;)

Rod
I think he's irritated maybe? The day before posted that he broke the rc antenna on the controller and was looking for help with a repair or upgrade.

I think he's irritated maybe? The day before posted that he broke the rc antenna on the controller and was looking for help with a repair or upgrade.
Hey, this is a secret just between us. ;)
Before I post,
"Welcome to the forum!",
I do a background check. :D

I actually think it is a differences in language. :)

I have learned from @dirkclod, that smiles makes a difference over text, since I am only child he thinks he is my older brother. :D
Just kidding, I just made that up.:D
Anyways @dirkclod was the first member to send me a PM, because somebody called me a Wanker (I had to look that up). :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: WilliamM
looking-eyes-transparent.gif

just looking in guys to be sure everyone is being nice

Hey, this is a secret just between us. ;)
Before I post,
"Welcome to the forum!",
I do a background check. :D

I actually think it is a differences in language. :)

I have learned from @dirkclod, that smiles makes a difference over text, since I am only child he thinks he is my older brother. :D
Just kidding, I just made that up.:D
Anyways @dirkclod was the first member to send me a PM, because somebody called me a Wanker (I had to look that up). :rolleyes:

Rod
U crack me up u wanker! lol

Reactions: RodPad
Guys this is kinda old and not sure why it was brought back but before it does go OT I think the OP got his answer
So we shall just move on to the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers