Random obstacle avoidance not working error

Reaction score
Hey all...so I am on my second phantom...while testing a little while ago I was over 100 feet and was getting error stating obstacke avoidance not working? Then they would go away...my last phantom 4 never did this...it had other issues. I did calibrate everything before I flew for the first time....any ideas? Just got the new one Monday and was hoping for a good one? I was NOT in sport mode either

OK I am also having problems with my OA, it is running at takeoff and then all of a sudden turns off while flying. I get the red slash through the icon and I have not disabled it. When clicked in mid flight all buttons for OA are green and enabled. I switch it off and right back on and it starts working. Anyone experiencing this phenomenon? All new firmware is up-to-date but this has been happening with the prior firmware. This craft is only two months old and no crashes or hard landings....
In P-mode the entire time

I had this happen to me as well last weekend. I attributed this to a sun glare (my car's collision sensors do this sometimes). That said, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
OK I am also having problems with my OA, it is running at takeoff and then all of a sudden turns off while flying. I get the red slash through the icon and I have not disabled it. When clicked in mid flight all buttons for OA are green and enabled. I switch it off and right back on and it starts working. Anyone experiencing this phenomenon? All new firmware is up-to-date but this has been happening with the prior firmware. This craft is only two months old and no crashes or hard landings....
In P-mode the entire time

I had this happen also. Not sure, but seems to happen if I dont turn my everything on in this order: Controller>Ipad DGI App>Phantom.

Anyone else have this happen or have a fix? Was considering taking it back to an exchange as I am still in my return window with Best Buy.

I too have this happen every now and then. At first I thought it was a sunglare blinding the sensors but the issue has become too frequent (once in 2-3 flights) so I'm now thinking it is a software issue.

Thanks.

I rarely fly near obstacles, the first time I noticed it was when I was showing my dad how it worked and I flew it towards us (slowly!) and it never stopped. Tried it today and the first flight it did not work. I toggled it on and off while in the air and it did something really strange, the meter at the top that shows how close you are was fully lit up but it said zero feet (I wasn't within 40 ft of anything). I landed it, powered down the P4 and restarted it and it was fine the rest of my time out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl