Random Emergency Landing

Reaction score
Khakis1999 said:
First I must say I love this thing and think of Colin Guinn as a genius, much more of an Innvator than Steven Jobs. However, during my second battery flight with my new PV it had an emergency landing. While flying at about 39% battery remaining, the iphone suddenly went red and the battery read 0! There was a statement if Unrecognized Battery and it landed. If it was over water at that time, Id be SOL. I turned battery off and on and it read 39% again. Just wanted to share my story, but I still LOVE this beast!

LOL, I'd say he's more late night informercial sales guy than a Steve Jobs, the Phantom Vision was released months behind schedule, and the company has said there will be a Phantom 2 but hasn't provided any details.

Had your Vision landed in the water, I'm sure you'd be singing a different story!

But glad you were able to recover, and hopefully they'll release a bug fix or something so that you're anomaly doesn't occur again!

Khakis1999 said:
First I must say I love this thing and think of Colin Guinn as a genius, much more of an Innvator than Steven Jobs. !

Hahaha what a tool dude you must be like 12 years old saying some stupid $$it like that

You should read up on Colin
He is a pretty interesting guy and I'm sure we have only seen the beginning of how he can be a FIGUREHEAD DJI
I don't think the guy has ever created anything but his passion and knowledge is pretty amazing

But don't ever ever ever compare him to Steven P Jobs!

Khakis1999 said:
There was a statement if Unrecognized Battery and it landed.

Funny you should say that, i connected mine to my PC and the Phantom Vision Assistant software flashed up a very quick warning about "incompatible battery" or similar. It was so quick i only really saw the word battery and it hasn't done it again but i will keep an eye on it.

Hi
I had exactly this problem I also crashed my phantom on its first flight and was very lucky to retrieve it. I subsequently would get this as an intermittent fault at any time whilst sitting on the bench.
DJI said the problem is that the small pin type battery connectors needed cleaning.
I have my doubts and believe there is a problem on the battery logic board as have cleaned contacts and still get intermittent fault . If it is a contacter problem this is not good as your phantom could loose power at any time with power in the battery connected via the big connectors but the logic not allowing that power to be used.
I have no confidence to fly my phantom Vision again as I never know when that tenuous link will break.
I have returned the phantom Vision for a refund I will Carry on flying my old phantom with IOC ( the vision does not have it) until the rest of you guys have completed DJI' s R&D for them.
A safer logic would be to keep main power supplied with this fault so that you had power to land.
The synical side of me thinks they have applied unsafe logic so that you can only use their proprietary batteries

Khakis1999 said:
First I must say I love this thing and think of Colin Guinn as a genius, much more of an Innvator than Steven Jobs.

Colin doesn’t design DJI’s tech, that’ll be done by the division in the Far East. The US outfit appears to be a marketing venture, which is Colin’s background so comparisons against Steve Jobs or Bill Gates aren’t really appropriate, the one person in the multicopter business who may live up to this is Chris Anderson http://about.me/andersonchris of 3D robotics as he appears to be a passionate geek turned businessman.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50PIM1wuiPs[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4