Random Drone Thoughts Thread

Local park has a family of Canada Geese that stay all summer, locals leave food out for them, flying over them a youngish one, flew up & started quacking & circling my bird, now, whenever I fly near that park that **** goose won't leave me alone. Soon as I start setting up it wanders over & trys to nuzzle my phantom, I;m afraid to take off, decapitate him/her.
Is there a goose deterant?

Take em some bread or whatever they are being gave and feed them in another spot .
Maybe that will keep them at bay roy .

Keep your drone away from them. It thinks you're Mom. If he doesn't bond with his mother he won't follow her next migration. i
It happens.

Frost on the roof...

What is that? (note my location)

Reactions: captainmilehigh
But we do have two seasons right...???

Hurricane and Mosquito!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Chiming in,
From the land of bugs, hurricanes, and red tide! Did I mention HEAT!
Man I'm in PARADISE!:rolleyes:

Our Christmas is shorts and tee shirt! Frost? Snow? You speaking English?

You make snowmen, we make sandmen! Lol

Hope you all are well, and finding time for yourselves, to reflect, and mostly to fly!:)

I actually took Sunday off ( from LIFE ) and went flying, at a local field, quite peaceful, flew out 14 batteries, with 3 crafts! It was great! Had my canopy, fold out table and chair, my oakley's, and a HUGE cup of Sweet Tea! Wanted to practice my BACKWARDS flying mostly, but spent last few batts, just cruising around the field, only watching iPad! ( goggles in my future ) o_O

I would LOVE to fly over the snow covered landscape! At least once!
Would be cool!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
:)

Ps: Good show Mark!;)

Fourteen batteries... wow...

I have 12 , p2v and p2v+'s and a p3p. And believe it or not 2 extra batteries!
Also have 4 bad batteries as well, but do not trust them!
Time to thin out the heard, most were repairs, only ever bought 1 new phantom p2v years ago, now I buy cheap broken phantom and fix them, but they seem to pile up quick! Maybe sell a few and buy a Mavic?:)

J Dot
:cool:

Ps: having so many batteries kinda sucks, as I constantly have to maintain them so they don't go bad, as well as spend a day a week charging range extenders and Tx's, full time job! not worth it. Normally after 2-3 batteries, you'll have to let the bird, cool down, as motors, wifi unit, esc's, get hot after a while, that is why I took 3 birds ( well 2 ) p3 only has 1 battery now, but will order 2 more, I think 3-4 batteries is plenty for a good afternoon of flying!
Take care ole' friend!;)

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Maybe sell a few and buy a Mavic?:)

J Dot
:cool:

QUOTE]
]
IMG_5497.GIF

Reactions: J Dot
Saw that about 2.5 years ago.

Trends:

I do my daily reads every morning.

It used to take me five pages to scroll 24 hours of P3A/P posts. A few weeks ago, I noticed it dropped down to 4 pages. Interest in the P3A/P seemed to be waning.

The last couple days it's been 3 pages.

This morning it was one and a half pages! The P3A/P is dying right in front of our eyes!

Sucks not being able to fly, it snowed yesterday, snowed today, snowing tonight and going to be snowing in the morning and then the winds will be high and the temps will be 9 degrees and below the next few days ugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20