Random Drone Thoughts Thread

I've always enjoyed my planes more. I only pull out the phantom for photography. I don't particularly enjoy flying it, too $$$ to do anything fun with, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always enjoyed my planes more. I only pull out the phantom for photography. I don't particularly enjoy flying it, too $$$ to do anything fun with, lol.
I enjoy them all for different reasons like my helicopter scares the hell out of me, the 1/5 scale gas truck for 45 minutes of runtime and gas WW2 planes are my favorite for scale flights and trying to fly in formation. I've seen more then twenty midair collisions and have been in two myself. The hobby starts getting expensive tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set a live trap for a raccoon last night. This morning, the trap is closed, half the food is gone and there's no animal in the trap! Sneaky little devil! Maybe I'll put bourbon in there tonight. Hopefully he'll get drunk and pass out.

I set a live trap for a raccoon last night. This morning, the trap is closed, half the food is gone and there's no animal in the trap! Sneaky little devil! Maybe I'll put bourbon in there tonight. Hopefully he'll get drunk and pass out.

A raccoon with a hangover might have a bad attitude. Better leave him some pretzels too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The letter of the day is " 7 "

Which brings me to my next point, Publix has great buy one get ones!
And don't forget,
my laundry is all finished!

Take care, ( not sure where to? Just take it I guess? ) well, I'll let you know! ( maybe )
&
Confucius say " man who stand on toilet, high on pot! "
So
I'll get down now! ;)

J ( . )
o_O
( think about it )

Cerealiously though,
Take care, fly safe

Reactions: dirkclod
WP (Letter to the Editor): Are intruding drones any different from human trespassers?

The Aug. 29 editorial “Relaxing the rules on drones” was silent on the most damaging precedent that the expanded use of private drones could set: the right to fly uninvited over someone else’s property.

We who own land in rural Northern Virginia enjoy the peace and quiet of our countryside. Packages arrive at reasonable hours. UPS and FedEx drivers use existing roads and respect our privacy. Unwelcome intruders on our property are considered trespassers. Shouldn’t private drones flying below 400 feet (or above) be held to that same standard? Low-flying drones would alarm our young horses (my farm’s business) and could be used to drive deer toward waiting rifle-toting “sportsmen.”

A Fauquier County woman recently shot down a dronewith her shotgun. We have some good wing shots in Northern Virginia. This matter needs a deeper look than just welcoming a new technology to our airspace.

WP (Letter to the Editor): Are intruding drones any different from human trespassers?

The Aug. 29 editorial “Relaxing the rules on drones” was silent on the most damaging precedent that the expanded use of private drones could set: the right to fly uninvited over someone else’s property.

We who own land in rural Northern Virginia enjoy the peace and quiet of our countryside. Packages arrive at reasonable hours. UPS and FedEx drivers use existing roads and respect our privacy. Unwelcome intruders on our property are considered trespassers. Shouldn’t private drones flying below 400 feet (or above) be held to that same standard? Low-flying drones would alarm our young horses (my farm’s business) and could be used to drive deer toward waiting rifle-toting “sportsmen.”

A Fauquier County woman recently shot down a dronewith her shotgun. We have some good wing shots in Northern Virginia. This matter needs a deeper look than just welcoming a new technology to our airspace.

I think you're over reacting! Has anyone ever flown over your property and created ANY disturbance? The perceived potential problems quoted in your Washington Post piece are already illegal. Harassing livestock is illegal as is chasing and or harassing game animals. I routinely fly over both (I ranch in Montana) with no ill effect. Infact there's usually no response at all!
This is a link to a video I shot of two of my horses the very first time I flew over them. In fact it was a test to see what they would do. Please notice how close the drone is to both the horses and the ground!
Also, Drones are legally aircraft and it is a FEDERAL CRIME to fire a weapon at an aircraft. Don't be silly. You might get caught. Remember these drones have GPS and their position is recorded at the transmitter!

I think you're over reacting! Has anyone ever flown over your property and created ANY disturbance? The perceived potential problems quoted in your Washington Post piece are already illegal. Harassing livestock is illegal as is chasing and or harassing game animals. I routinely fly over both (I ranch in Montana) with no ill effect. Infact there's usually no response at all!
This is a link to a video I shot of two of my horses the very first time I flew over them. In fact it was a test to see what they would do. Please notice how close the drone is to both the horses and the ground!
Also, Drones are legally aircraft and it is a FEDERAL CRIME to fire a weapon at an aircraft. Don't be silly. You might get caught. Remember these drones have GPS and their position is recorded at the transmitter!
Really cool ! They don't seem worried or frightened.

They certainly weren't! In the second clip, Where My horse Jack (The Paint) came towards the camera, I had to go full throttle up because he was going to sniff it and I was afraid he would get cut up!!! No joke!
Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

P3A/P forum this morning had less than 2 pages of new posts in past 24 hours. That's a new low...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20