Random Drone Thoughts Thread

Mark The Droner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm active on another forum and we have a Random Thoughts Thread which is kind of popular - it's for random thoughts on topic (i.e. drones) which might be interesting or funny but don't really require or qualify for a thread of their own. So I thought I might try it here. :cool:

Last edited:
So this morning I got an email titled HAPPY AIR MAX DAY. I got all excited and opened it.

They're trying to sell me shoes. :(

Reactions: joet
When will dJI say bye bye to P3 and introduce full line of P4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The p4 is a part of the p3 team

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seems a bunny snuck in my home last night and crapped jelly beans all over the place. My lil ones are devouring them by the handful. And me, over in a corner desk reading forums and making zing zing noises with the Phantom 4. I had a dream I woke to an Easter basket with ND filters, batteries and an Antenna Mod. Starting to believe this whole bunny thing might be a scam.
Happy Easter all....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seen on ebay today:

60001_SprgEvent_BB_TaxRefund_Small.jpg

Must be nice, I pay income tax in two countries. I wouldn't know what a tax refund looks like.

Windy here all week. Here I've been waiting for spring to get here, and now it's finally here and all I got is wind. I'm gonna write a letter

In today's Washington Post print edition:

WP: Man cited for flying drone near Washington Monument

WASHINGTON — U.S. Park police say they’ve cited a Virginia man found flying a drone near the Washington Monument.

More details: Virginia man charged with flying drone near the Washington Monument

Police said officers ordered Newcomer to land the drone — a blue UDI RC — and that it and a black radio controller were confiscated.

Sgt. Anna Rose, a spokeswoman for the Park Police, said there was “no indication of nefarious activities” with the drone, which sells for about $60 on the Internet.

Last edited:
Sounds like a Hubsan X4

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

WP: U.S. Park Police charge man with flying drone over national park

U.S. Park Police charge man with flying drone over national park

For the second time in two years, a District man has been cited after police said he was seen flying an unmanned aircraft, or drone, in areas over the District, an activity that is prohibited, according to federal authorities.

The U.S. Park Police said that Howard Solomon III, 50, was cited about 8:30 p.m. Sunday after he was seen flying a drone over the North Field area of Anacostia Park. It is illegal to fly unmanned aircraft over national parks or anywhere in the District. The fine is $85.

Authorities said a Park Police officer in a helicopter spotted the Yuneeq Typhoon Q500+ Quadcopter. Police said the craft and controller were confiscated.

Trends:

I do my daily reads every morning.

It used to take me five pages to scroll 24 hours of P3A/P posts. A few weeks ago, I noticed it dropped down to 4 pages. Interest in the P3A/P seemed to be waning.

The last couple days it's been 3 pages.

Meanwhile, the P3S, which used to be one page, went to two pages, and is now three pages.

The P4 is around 3 pages.

WP: U.S. Park Police charge man with flying drone over national park

U.S. Park Police charge man with flying drone over national park

For the second time in two years, a District man has been cited after police said he was seen flying an unmanned aircraft, or drone, in areas over the District, an activity that is prohibited, according to federal authorities.

The U.S. Park Police said that Howard Solomon III, 50, was cited about 8:30 p.m. Sunday after he was seen flying a drone over the North Field area of Anacostia Park. It is illegal to fly unmanned aircraft over national parks or anywhere in the District. The fine is $85.

Authorities said a Park Police officer in a helicopter spotted the Yuneeq Typhoon Q500+ Quadcopter. Police said the craft and controller were confiscated.

I'm wondering if the guy was able to get his bird back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4