Ran over with golf cart!

Reaction score
Day 1 & 2 of search and rescue of 3 local fancy American Blackbelly sheep that got out of a farmers barn - 3 weeks there so not used to going home. I fly around about 300 total acres to locate them as they preferred to walk along edge of bean/corn fields rather than in the adjacent woods. Found them a few times. Then off on electric golf carts, farm tractors, 4 wheelers after them. I catch one with my dog catcher pole on day 2, 2 to go.

Day 3, same scenario except I set up on ground next to my golf cart and just before I can fly, wife comes up with her golf cart and RUNS IT OVER!!!!!!!! It flips over under her tire and totally jambs one arm into the plowed dirt! Motor filled and so won't turn. Unbelievably only 1 small crack around the outer most motor screw! Prop ok. Tire burn marks from center (just missed GPS center) all the way out the prop arm! Battery was also run over.

Other than that dirt filled motor and one screw plastic crack, it works! Blew out the motor and it works! I thought the GPS antenna cracked because I tried it and it only would go ATTI; then they found the sheep again and trying to land in the wind I flipped it over and smacked the ground! A little later the hired animal tranquilizer gun guy put one into one and it started to get drunk looking but recovered to normal when they chased it around 30 minutes later. We ended up cornering it between trucks and carts and I got to jump on it and hold it down. Meanwhile wife goes chasing the last one and drives right into a 5'dia x 5' deep sink hole and flipping the golf cart over on her. Again, luck with us as she is only 5'2" and was thrown out of the cart into the bottom 3' of the hole and the cart flipped on top only protruding about 2' down into the hole... she fit below it in the hole. Hot tub got good use that night!

Next day regrouped and found my updated GPS antenna didn't even get cracked! I can't believe it. I checked IMU, compass and all is good. I flew it just a few minutes and it seems ok.

Talk about luck!

You should probably go buy a few lottery tickets :)

You had a good day after all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl