Ram Falls Alberta

Reaction score
Here is a short video on my day trip out to Ram Falls. This was my first time out with the guard props on the Phantom 2 and discovered that they increased the instability in air currents. I almost lost it down the canyon but was able to back it away from the side bank until it recovered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzv93BzKidw[/youtube]

They are Bighorn Sheep or Mountain Rams. It was a great place to go flying.

As far as the sound and editing, it was a quick edit and I figured cheesy background sound was better than another video listening to the props spin. I am still learning so I appreciate any advice.

Nice video. Ditch those silly prop guards as they are not needed.

Sweet video. :) I think the music was pleasant.

My videos are silent for now, I'm too anxious to get them online for my friends to view. I'll eventually get around to editing and adding some music.

LuvMyTJ said:
Ditch those silly prop guards as they are not needed.

I'm glad I read 100's of thread on this forum before my first flight. I learned a lot. The biggest lesson was to not install the prop guards that I bought for it. So far, every flight has been super stable and successful.

Although I've been avoiding landing most of the time by just grabbing my Phantom out of the air.

What were you doing when the Phantom started to rock back and forth? Were you descending straight down?

I'd appreciate any info you could give. I'm trying to learn how to avoid that ever happening with my beloved new toy. :)

What were you doing when the Phantom started to rock back and forth?

Moving forward..... the higher altitude along with a down draft caused it to lose stability. Once it started rocking the Phantom tried to stabilize itself, but in doing so didn't provide enough thrust to keep it from dropping. I actually had it happen a second time and she bounced hard of the ground and broke 3 props. I put them on for safety knowing that people would be around, but now realize that they cause just as much of a hazard as they they prevent.

Heck of a good video dude.
A good example of how the gimbal does the job of keeping the camera level while the bird does a dance.

Headed Back out over the weekend. Another video showing my back yard and removing the prop guards made a huge difference.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nxk2SV3aA[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20