raising 97ft limit whilst staying in BeginnerMode...?

Reaction score
Beginner Mode limit 97ft up & out.
If I want to change just altitude limit to, say, 200ft
but keep all else the same & maintain Beginner Mode,
is it possible? Via what setting change...?

Related: is there any general agreement about what
height & distance away from controller starts opening
door to undesirable events despite proper flying?
(reasonably open areas, P4P+ in view)

If your comfortable going to 200ft your either ready to leave beginner mode or you aren't- can't have it both ways.

Re signal issues, if you want to fly higher it is a good idea to get some horizontal distance in also. AC directly above you provides worst possible antenna orientation for good signal quality.

You might be able to set it up in "GO GS Pro" (iPad only?) as a "Virtual Fence." You can draw a blue boxed area that you want to confine it within and not too far out, then set the altitude to whatever you want up to 492 feet via a slider (Hold down on the numbers and you'll get a +/- to tune it finer if you can't get the slider fine enough. You can also set the speed slider to whatever you want within the blue box area too.

I think this is a good idea for areas where people may be outside the blue box to keep the drone from striking them due to careless controlling or whatever.

You might be able to set it up in "GO GS Pro" (iPad only?) as a "Virtual Fence." You can draw a blue boxed area that you want to confine it within and not too far out, then set the altitude to whatever you want up to 492 feet via a slider (Hold down on the numbers and you'll get a +/- to tune it finer if you can't get the slider fine enough. You can also set the speed slider to whatever you want within the blue box area too.

I think this is a good idea for areas where people may be outside the blue box to keep the drone from striking them due to careless controlling or whatever.
I'm curious how you arrive at 494?

Beginner Mode limit 97ft up & out.
If I want to change just altitude limit to, say, 200ft but keep all else the same & maintain Beginner Mode, is it possible? Via what setting change...?
Not possible in Beginner mode but the app allows you to set height and distance limits if you feel you need them.

Related: is there any general agreement about what height & distance away from controller starts opening
door to undesirable events despite proper flying? (reasonably open areas, P4P+ in view)
I don't think there's any general agreement that height and distance "opens the door to undesirable events despite proper flying".
If you do stupid things, it doesn't matter how far away or how high you are.
But how close to the house or a tree you are might make a difference.
And if you are flying properly, increasing height and distance doesn't make things go wrong.

Because that's what to app sliders go to, actually 492.1 feet. Floor is low as 6.6 feet. Speeds from 2.2 to 26 MPH. Try the app and see.
I appreciate your explanation, thank you. I'm still on the phantom 3 so unfortunately can't try as suggested but I have 500m (1640ft) as the max altitude available in the GO app.

I don't have the option to set speed limits either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20