Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

RAINMAN All weather DJI quadcopter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drone7, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Drone7

2. OI Photography

It's a custom quad someone designed and built on a TBS Discovery Pro airframe...the only "DJI" thing about it is the NAZA they used.

3. Drone7

Ok, so the stickers are from the phantom i guess. Smart people over there. They make me think its dji :?

4. gDallasK

I have a TBS Discovery. This is certainly not the basis of this quad. Even allowing for the covered airframe :

- the side profile os completely different;
    - it doesn't use the DJI arms (from the Flamewheel) as does the TBS Discovery.

5. PhantomFan

WhoooWeee...that is a hot looking design. I'd LOVE a crack at honking THAT around a flying field at a zillion mph!!!

I wonder if that aluminized front bubble is intended to house a camera?? I also wonder if it is available w/o a radio - and at what cost?? Not that I'm in the market for another quad - unless I get a particularly generous Xmas bonus. :lol:

New quad. Divorce. New quad. Divorce. Decisions, decisions... :lol:

PF

6. OI Photography

At closer inspection it's clear you're right, despite the fact they claim on the site it's based on a Disc Pro. Even if they used different arms, the angles are wrong. I'd say it looks more like it's built on a QAV500 frame.

7. Ksc

Ksc

I'm 99.9% sure that is the white version of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-sYxVFWWg

It looks really cool in the photos but its a lot bigger in real life. I've met William and I think he was around 6 foot. So do the math, its like double a Phantom. It is cool but what I really want to find is a weather proof quad with gimbal. I would think it would need to be bigger than the phantom due to the weight of the waterproof gimbal.

I have 8 of these cameras around the outside of my house ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=4443 ) and they zoom and pan and tilt and everything. I'm not sure why the same sort of setup couldn't be mounted under a waterproof quad. The nice thing is that if you had a crash, you are contained. I've seen quads out there like I'm talking about but they are priced in the $15,000 range. I want the $1,500 version.