RageCams Modified 5.4mm Flat Lens

Much as I wanted to do it, I ended up deciding that the price is unfair and to pay it would be basically telling them that it's a fair price. So I put up with the crappy stock camera, fixing stills in Photoshop, but I don't have a way to fix the video. If they cut their price in half and we have a couple of favorable reviews, I might reconsider.

nhoover said:
Much as I wanted to do it, I ended up deciding that the price is unfair and to pay it would be basically telling them that it's a fair price. So I put up with the crappy stock camera, fixing stills in Photoshop, but I don't have a way to fix the video. If they cut their price in half and we have a couple of favorable reviews, I might reconsider.

+1. For half their price I would buy. Their current price is a joke.

Mori55 said:
Let us know how it works out.
“RageCams and I have reached a mutual agreement. I am happy, they are happy. End of story. I did get the 2nd Camera modification to work and I will post pictures next week.”
Allan

AllanVB said:
Mori55 said:
Dennis, the owner or Ragecams or Quality Video installed a lens on my vision over a month ago. It didn't work. I sent it back and he said he would fix. Now, he is send it back because he lost his tech and couldn't fix. I am out $500 for a new camera.
I will not do business with that company again. They do not stand behind their work.

Sounds like you have a small claims case. File it and force him to settle or put a lien on some of his property if he doesn't pay. You shouldn't be out anything if they broke your camera, shipping included.

gfredrone said:
AllanVB said:
Mori55 said:
Dennis, the owner or Ragecams or Quality Video installed a lens on my vision over a month ago. It didn't work. I sent it back and he said he would fix. Now, he is send it back because he lost his tech and couldn't fix. I am out $500 for a new camera.
I will not do business with that company again. They do not stand behind their work.

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

Wow.

"Wow" is an understatement...

So glad I fixed my out of focus lens myself instead of sending my camera to this "business".

Ya know, maybe the fact that I'm not a photographer is really a blessing here, but I'm totally happy with the pics and vids that my FC200 provides (other than the need for a real gimbal). Or, perhaps I'm just one of the apparent minority that got a decent camera. I dunno.

But, if you're a professional I can certainly understand why you'd be wanting perfection - afterall, it's your livelihood we're talking about.

I'm sorry that a lot of you are having issues with your cameras.

I hope you guys get it all figured out soon.

Scottrod said:
Geez. This is better than the Rotorpixel drama. I don't know what to believe here.

LOL!! Maybe we can get this thread up to 180+ pages, too!!

I wonder if they charge VAT if you import something from New Jersey?? I lived there. It really is different there. :- p

Yeah its tough to say who is lying here but given Ragecam good history I'm going to have to side with them. Allen I really hope you didn't pull this Douche Bag move.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Don't you think what Ragecsms charges for this is a douchebag move ?
But as they say there's a sucker born every minute.

It's tough to say because they are the only ones doing it so they can set their own price point.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

Wow. What a change in attitude.

All posts deleted/modified. Hopefully the guy got his money back. But still, what a hassle. Amazing that some businesses still don't understand how to do business...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31