RAGECAMS LENS

Reaction score
Has anybody tried using RAGECAM lens on their Gopro yet. I was wondering if it gave better picture's and if it worth doing the mod, I think you can get a selection of lens's to upgrade.

I think they are VERY overpriced for what you get. But it may be one of the few choices out there.

I tried asking the owner what the effective FOV was and could not get a straight answer. YMMV.

I have two friends in the Bay area who have and use them. They both are very enthusiastic about the results, but while I would like to have one, it is much to pricey for my limited budget.

chopperflyer said:
Thank you both for you answer's much appreciated,I was on their web page earlier and thought they were overpriced, thanks.
“RageCams and I have reached a mutual agreement. I am happy, they are happy. End of story. I did get the 2nd Camera modification to work and I will post pictures next week.”
Allan

Update: Rage Cams did not live up to their promises!

Last edited:
AllanVB said:
chopperflyer said:
Thank you both for you answer's much appreciated,I was on their web page earlier and thought they were overpriced, thanks.
Well, Not sure whether this is good or bad news. Ragecams, Dennis send me back my camera with the modifications. I could not connect it to my receiver???? So Back to Ragecams it went. Apparently they cannot figure out what went wrong and cannot fix. I am asking myself, Am I out the fees and shipping I paid ragecams? Will I need to spend another $500 for a replacement camera? I don't have answers to these questions yet, but you can bet I will followup on all the forums with the good or bad news!

This is a direct quote from their website "This is very easy and safe to do.

To order this service please go ahead & place your order, & if you want the deluxe mod with filter kit select that also.

We ask that you mail us your camera & the repeater receiver part only.

We insure our work & have modded well over 1000 gopro cameras & 10 vision2 camera to date. Your camera will come back ready to film as soon as you connect it back to the vision2."

here is a link to their site: http://ragecams.com/shop/54mm-lens-inst ... p-658.html

Dennis keeps telling me how overwhelmed he is. He had better take care of his customers of that will change real fast.
Rage cams did not live up to their word

Last edited:
We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

As much as I would love to see you two ladies go at it, do we really need to see this cross-posted 5 times?

Ragecam, you clearly have an unhappy customer. Instead of defending yourself, maybe it's in your interest to see if you can find a way to fix the problem. As you can see already, an unhappy customer will cost you a lot more than making him happy. Here's an example: I bought an amplifier from Amazon 6 months ago. I just realized the other day, it was missing two small parts that I now need. Amazon could have told me to go screw myself. Instead, and without any verification whatsoever, they credited me the value of the missing parts. I am now an Amazon customer FOR LIFE!!! Find a way to make Allan happy even if you have to eat the difference. If you don't, you'll be known as the vendor who causes problems for their customers.

Pete, not so long ago, you at least interspersed your overly aggressive posts with useful information. Now, it seems to be all about pointing out people's mistakes. You're a smart guy and we could use your input more than your criticism. Maybe you can dial the aggrometer back a few notches and stick around for a while.

The end.

I have purchased two GoPro 3+'s and three 5.4mm lenses and one zoom lens from RageCams. I have no affiliation with them except as a happy customer. I have found Dennis and his team to be very responsive, including weekends. The 5.4mm lens is perfect for my drone video needs, and they have always done what was expected of them, including prompt shipping.

Based on RageCam's post, in response to Allan's complaining, it seems to me they have already gone the extra mile to right the situation. You can't please everyone.

The 5.4mm lens isn't cheap, but the quality of my footage is very important to me, and I would buy another 5.4mm lens from them tomorrow if my current P2 went adios....

Kelly

Being a small business owner I would say that Ragecams have done pretty much all they can to rectify the situation (asuming everything i have read is correct)

Not sure whether someone would send a broken camera in for modification though. Quite a complex scam if that was the case.

just watched video on how to change lens.

You either have a really manly voice or really girly hands :lol:

Lee C said:
Being a small business owner I would say that Ragecams have done pretty much all they can to rectify the situation (asuming everything i have read is correct)

Not sure whether someone would send a broken camera in for modification though. Quite a complex scam if that was the case.

Being a small business owner, even if you thought you had a, shall we say "tricky" customer, would you follow them around the forums where they had posted their "grievance" counter-accusing them of criminal activity - even if you believed that's what was happening?! Sadly I think Rage Cams has done much more damage to its reputation by this than the OP of the problem ever would have done. We all know you get disgruntled customers now and again for a variety of reasons - even as customers ourselves we can tell the difference between one or two public complaints and an avalanche of them - but to publicly engage in this way smacks or either desperation for some reason, poor judgement, over-sensitivity or all of the above...

Pull_Up said:
Lee C said:

Being a small business owner, even if you thought you had a, shall we say "tricky" customer, would you follow them around the forums where they had posted their "grievance" counter-accusing them of criminal activity - even if you believed that's what was happening?! Sadly I think Rage Cams has done much more damage to its reputation by this than the OP of the problem ever would have done. We all know you get disgruntled customers now and again for a variety of reasons - even as customers ourselves we can tell the difference between one or two public complaints and an avalanche of them - but to publicly engage in this way smacks or either desperation for some reason, poor judgement, over-sensitivity or all of the above...

I think ragecams have a right to defend themselves, although i would have been a bit more diplomatic and stuck to the facts without any accusations.

That was what I was getting at. The tone and the nature of the "defending themselves" was the issue (the libel notwithstanding, I hear they have tenacious lawyers in the US!), and the info that Ragecams lost a tech and the rather OTT response just makes me think the company might be in trouble - whether they are or not is irrelevant, it's customer perception. If he'd posted a link to some testimonials from satisfied customers and then just taken the issue to PM or whatever to try and solve it then the other guy would look like the one with the issues. And if they came to an agreement then the OP would have sung their praises for putting things right.

Anyway, glad I've been out of the rat race for 7 years - dealing with kids is usually far more straightforward. Until they hit double digits. Then I'm going to run back to the most stressful, exasperating job I can find because my days will be easier... ;)

Dear RageCam,

Why are your lens so expensive?

Sincerely,
potential customer, but will not pay more then $150 for a 2 element lens.

It's pretty telling when Ragecams goes and deletes their original post.Maybe he's trying to prevent it from showing up on Google searches. Silly man. Once it's on the internet, it's FOREVER!!!!!!

If your lens is blurry on one side or the other, send it back to DJI and get a FREE replacement. At least they won't attack you on internet forums.

Wow! Ragecam, I'd throw you a shovel but it seems you're digging the hole just fine on your own. Maybe you saw the flaw in your approach which is why you decided to destroy the evidence of having tried. Why not just be transparent instead? You will not gain any trust here unless you can demonstrate a forthright relationship with your customers. Come back and work it out.

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj