Radio TX Beeps and FCC Mode

Reaction score
Hi. I've seen the DJI video regarding switching from CE mode to FCC mode and noted that the way to tell between the two is the one beep for CE and two for FCC when the TX is switched on. Does this only apply to P2 Visions or to all Phantom 2s? I have a standard P2 and the radio doesn't make any noise at all, is this normal?

I believe this only applies to vision and newer!
P1 & P2 ( non-vision ( non-vision + )) run a 2.4GHz controller ( Tx )
P2V & P2V+ run 5.8GHz controller ( Tx )

I read somewhere here, switching the ( CE & FCC ) switch on P1 & P2 non-vision ( 2.4GHz )
Is bad, can cause firmware mix-match!

Again, only going by what I've read and what people told me, but I think it is right!
( I'm a P2V owner ), I'm sure there is an old post about this SOMEWHERE, here! That might offer
More insight!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Thanks.

In that case can any P2 (non Vision owners) confirm whether their controller beeps when it is turned on?

WessexWyvern said:
In that case can any P2 (non Vision owners) confirm whether their controller beeps when it is turned on?

I can confirm. I had a phantom 2 vision previously and when you turned on the radio, it made one beep for CE and two for FCC. This is a a 5.8ghz radio.
I recently purchased a Phantom Vision 2 which comes with a 2.4ghz radio instead. It still has the same screw in the back with the same action. I went ahead and turned the screw in the back to FCC and since then,I've taken it out to 1600 or more with no issues so far.

Hoping that someone can confirm if turning the back screw on the 2.4ghz radio does anything good (or bad).

Thanks but I'd like to know if the standard NON-Vision Phantom radio transmitter should beep when it is turned on.

WessexWyvern said:
Thanks but I'd like to know if the standard NON-Vision Phantom radio transmitter should beep when it is turned on.

Sorry, I made a mistake in my post above. My new one is a Phantom 2 (non-vision). This radio is 2.4GHz and does not beep when turning on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj