Radio signal detection device ?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
We all know that we should never operate our equipment when we know there are transmitters nearby.
This got me thinking......
What about if there are radio waves about but we don't see something obvious ?
Is there anything that is portable that will detect if there is any radio interference around us, that may affect our equipment ?
I look forward to your input on this subject :D:)

It's called the P3P! :)
If the transmitter signal is lost, it will RTH, as long as the bird still has juice and GPS or GLONASS reception. About the only thing you really have to beware of are legally employed drone jammers, as they kill both, forcing your bird to autoland. If you find a legal drone jammer, you likely already knew you shouldn't have been flying there anyway. If it's not the military or secret service, drone jammers are illegal! Safe flying!

An EMF meter is what you're looking for. I got this one:

Amazon.com: Cornet ED78S EMF RF Meter ElectroMagnetic Detector (2015): Home Improvement

But it was only $150 when I bought it. It's not what I would call a necessary item because you can see if you're close to power lines, towers, etc., but it's handy if you're not sure of a certain area and it's also useful in determining the signal strength of various antennas on your transmitter.

Don't get a cheap one. I bought a $10 one first and it was junk - I threw it away but kept the 9 volt battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik