Radio interference?

Reaction score
I'm getting a Phantom version 3 for Christmas. I previously had a version 1. I was thinking about giving the version 1 model to one of my children for them to use. If I do this, we might wind up flying together. Is there any possibility that the signals might interfere with each other? Is there any danger to this?

Hi jiva
I have a Phantom 2 & a 3 Pro I have flown the 2 regularly with a friend who has a phantom 3 pro, we have both flown long side another associate with an Inspire. On the air field where we some times fly we have been in the air at the same time as several model aircraft.
The phantom 2 and 3 RC's operate on the 2.4 Ghz frequency as do most model air-planes (and mobile phones operate at 2.4 Ghz so watch out), we have never had any kind of interference, even from cheaper toys like the Hubsan X4 H107 which operate at 2.4 Ghz.
Some more knowledgeable pilots may be able to explain the digital encoding that protects the aircraft's control signals from cross-over interference, but I would say no worries, just look at Drone racing with several aircraft operating at the same time without interference.

Go out and enjoy....

Waylander

Based on the bands and how each craft binds independently to the controler etc. you can fly freely together with no issues. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas this week!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj