Radio Channel Poor Quality

Reaction score
Hi all
I was flying today together with my friend. he also has p3a, 1.8FW.

So this was my first flight with the new firmware, so, it gave me poor radio chanel quality notice in the menu.
During flight, the video was lagging. it took 4-5 seconds for camera to move up and down and etc. It happened mostly when i was far away. When i was closer, there were no delays.
I firstly thought it was the problem with new firmware.

So i landed the bird.
After, i asked my friend toland his also and turn his RC off. He did so. Then i turned on mine, and signal quality was GOOD. the moment he turned it back on - it went poor.
His had no problem absolutely, no poor signal,no fpv laggin - only once a while the fpv was reloading, like a photo on a dial up internet :)

So is it ok/ Is it how its supposed to be? Cause i heard a lot of pilots her fly together, and nobody has issue like this.

Just in case attaching the screenshots of channels. (It was set to AUTO)

Attached

Attachments

• 1460193593462.jpg
    1460193593462.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 601
  • 1460193600213.jpg
    1460193600213.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 707
I have had the same problem as you i just updated the firmware today as they just released a new one and the problem is fix give it a go and see if it fixes yours

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I notice in the image both people with remotes have the antennas pointing straight out. You fly like that?
No. Just did a test flight above my head.

I have had the same problem as you i just updated the firmware today as they just released a new one and the problem is fix give it a go and see if it fixes yours

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
As i mentioned in the original post, the firmware is already the latest.

This is not good news, potentially. I had connection issues today I haven't experienced before. Less than 600m out where I have flown 2km easily before.

I would relax for a bit. Seems this problem hasn't been reported by many. See what the experience of others is. I'm going to try the same flight tomorrow in case it was a one off.
But can two remote controllers cause this kind of problem,, in my case?

Plz someone help
All i can tell you is flying side by side with a phantom and inspire in the air i havent noticed any issues (earlier firmware). How close where you standing. In auto channel select the software should have automatically avoided conflicts and interference.

flew 4 birds close together didn't have a issue plus point your antenna up

You have another thread running here suggesting your remote firmware upgrade didn't complete properly. I'd be thinking about seeing if those two dots need joining. Perhaps not coincidence.

You have another thread running here suggesting your remote firmware upgrade didn't complete properly. I'd be thinking about seeing if those two dots need joining. Perhaps not coincidence.
Thats not my case. Thats my friends case. Different bird.

Thats not my case. Thats my friends case. Different bird.
Same friend you were flying with? Maybe his half baked firmware install has made his radio perform off spec (we know the firmware related in part to encryption changes. May have reflashed the radio also). This isn't a common problem you are having. Would be like your wifi goes down when your neighbour turns his laptop on.

Reactions: t2adze
Same friend you were flying with? Maybe his half baked firmware install has made his radio perform off spec (we know the firmware related in part to encryption changes. May have reflashed the radio also). This isn't a common problem you are having. Would be like your wifi goes down when your neighbour turns his laptop on.
Can be an option as well.
What do you suggest we try?

Went out to fly without my friend today.
No signal errors. 2KM range out.
All is cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20