radar reading help

Reaction score
i have looked all over the place to find some info on the radar that is on the go app (apple ipad mini 2)
all i want to know is what the little white icon is for on the outside of the radar, what the green arrow is for in the middle, this seems to point towards the middle all the time (its like a small pointed arrow in green thats not solid green it get lighter to the outside. then there is the soild red arrow which i know is the birds orientation. how do i read these icons.

The red indicator is the bird and the way it is pointed in flight. The white lines are distance indicators and you are in the middle. Tap on it and it will change to a larger screen tap again and it goes back. Useful tool if the bird is out a ways and you are not sure which way it's pointed. Use it a little and you will learn that you can bring your bird right back to over head watching the radar. You can also see that it follows as you make changes on the controller.

The radar display shows where your Phantom (the red plane) is and which way it is pointing.
The white spot is a point straight out in front of you.
Green arrow ? The green flash in front of the representation of the Phantom shows the direction the camera is viewing
The yellow dot in the centre shows the home point.

i-JCnD7H2-L.png

The radar display shows where your Phantom (the red plane) is and which way it is pointing.
Green arrow ? The green flash in front of the representation of the Phantom shows the direction the camera is viewing

i-JCnD7H2-L.png
thankyou... brill description of the radar. when you are a learner and there is a lot going on on the screen it gets a bit complicated, now i know the functions of the radar i will do a flight to see whats going on on the radar.. cheers BIG help that..
steve.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
It doesn't help that DJI provides little to no documentation on the app. The description in the manual is pretty sparse.

i-JCnD7H2-L.png
Awesome pics on your smugmug website. Where can I learn more about what equipment and settings you use? I have a P3P.

Awesome pics on your smugmug website. Where can I learn more about what equipment and settings you use? I have a P3P.
Thanks .. mostly I just leave the camera on auto a and shoot in jpg.
I pay a lot of attention to the angle of the sun and try to shoot with it rather than shooting into it.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik