Radar in android app

Reaction score
Hallo all,

I fly the Phantom Vision for a couple of weeks now. I have two questions about it:

When I fly my Phantom Vision 2 and have a wifi connection to the camera it doesn't show the right direction of my Phantom on the radar in the Android app. The wifi indicator in the app also seems to indicate that I don't have a wifi connection because the indicator stays grey instead of blue. I, however, have a wifi connection cause I can see the camera view of the Phantom in the app, even when I fly quite high. Do you know what causes this?

Another question I have is the following: there are a couple of settings in the assistent software. One of them is the possibility to switch from Phantom Vision mode to Naza-M mode. In the Naza mode you can set things like IOC mode etc. At this point I like to stay in the standard Phantom Vision mode. Since it's too windy and too cold outside to test this for myself, I'd like to ask here if the ATTI mode is also available in the Phantom Vision mode and not only in the Naza-M mode. I like to know this cause I already read some very scary stories about fly aways. Sometimes people mention that switching to Atti mode can sometimes be a solution for these kinds of disasters. So it is very important for me to know ;) So I hope some of you can help me with this question.

Grtz,

Sven

svdr3 said:
Hallo all,

I fly the Phantom Vision for a couple of weeks now. I have two questions about it:

When I fly my Phantom Vision 2 and have a wifi connection to the camera it doesn't show the right direction of my Phantom on the radar in the Android app. The wifi indicator in the app also seems to indicate that I don't have a wifi connection because the indicator stays grey instead of blue. I, however, have a wifi connection cause I can see the camera view of the Phantom in the app, even when I fly quite high. Do you know what causes this?

Another question I have is the following: there are a couple of settings in the assistent software. One of them is the possibility to switch from Phantom Vision mode to Naza-M mode. In the Naza mode you can set things like IOC mode etc. At this point I like to stay in the standard Phantom Vision mode. Since it's too windy and too cold outside to test this for myself, I'd like to ask here if the ATTI mode is also available in the Phantom Vision mode and not only in the Naza-M mode. I like to know this cause I already read some very scary stories about fly aways. Sometimes people mention that switching to Atti mode can sometimes be a solution for these kinds of disasters. So it is very important for me to know ;) So I hope some of you can help me with this question.

Grtz,

Sven

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The reason why the Icon on the radar does not show the right direction on your phone is because "most" android phones have a multidirectional sensor that feeds X & Y position to the phone differently than other phones (The module is in fact completely different from iPhone for example), do this test. Next time you fly your phantom go to the radar (Tap on the attitude indicator on the lower left) and start moving the phone while on the holder on TX is as flat as possible, you will see the icon slowly getting to the right place. This will not affect anything at all and is not a bug either, is simply a design thing that all. When you tilt your phone the sensor thinks you are rotating it as well.

While in Vision mode ATTI selection is not possible. I like your idea of staying in Vision mode for a while, get a feel for the quad first then start experimenting.

In regards to a fly away that is a little bit of a hot topic here. What I suggest is start flying you batteries a lot and make sure your vision is stable, slowly fly farther and higher, stay away from water at first and play safe. There is no way to predict a flyaway, so my best suggestion is play by the rules and have a blast!

Thanks for the help and for the welcome! I will try the radar thing. About the ATTI mode, I think I'll try the Naza settings cause I want to have the option for the ATTI mode in case of an emergency ;) I have already looked in the mode and know where I can change the ATTI settings. I'll stay off all the other settings of course cause I am a newbie ;)

Grtz,

Sven

:ugeek: amrflyingdude :eek:

Thanks very much for your posted information! I posted a similar 'radar function' problem with my DJI Vision app and have been working on this issue for several weeks! I had my Nexus 7 attached to my DJI RC and had the very same problem wherein the radar function cursor did not point correctly with the actual direction of my P2V. After reading your comments, I immediately removed my Nexus 7 from the RC and mounted it on a camera tripod. Now, with the Nexus 7 moved some three or four feet from the RC, the radar function cursor points in the correct direction. Your posted information gave me the impetuous to try this simple location change...thanks!

ChesterT

ChesterT said:
:ugeek: amrflyingdude :eek:

Thanks very much for your posted information! I posted a similar 'radar function' problem with my DJI Vision app and have been working on this issue for several weeks! I had my Nexus 7 attached to my DJI RC and had the very same problem wherein the radar function cursor did not point correctly with the actual direction of my P2V. After reading your comments, I immediately removed my Nexus 7 from the RC and mounted it on a camera tripod. Now, with the Nexus 7 moved some three or four feet from the RC, the radar function cursor points in the correct direction. Your posted information gave me the impetuous to try this simple location change...thanks!

ChesterT

I'm glad!

Happy landings!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues