Radar at left bottom corner not working when I turn controller

Reaction score
I was having some problems so I updated the drone. It wasn't showing the correct direction it was going. I updated it and the round radar in the lower left corner will turn when the drone does but not if I turn with the controller. I have to be facing the way I took off for it to show me if it behind me or on one side of me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Tim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using PhantomPilots mobile app

If the Air Craft doesn't display properly in the lower left corner, the issue is with the compass app in the device used to run the GO app. I would try to google the device you use to see if others with the same device are complaining about compass issues, and see if a cure is mentioned.

For radar to correctly work, both device and aircraft compasses should be calibrated correctly. It's easy to calibrate aircraft but many a times you don't see compass calibration app on tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you don't have or see the stock compass app on tablet, you got to download a third party compass app and calibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
1474249054057.png
tissue is what it shows when I install a compass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK at any rate....what you want is a app that has the ability to calibrate the compass should it be needed.

no compass in the tab you have,, that is why not compatable

I'm guessing it wouldn't have gps either then? If so, that could be a big downfall in the near future. I predict dji will be stepping up the flight communication between the A/C, R/C, and Device being used to host the GO app. I believe this is already being done with the Inspire's setup, or at least some of it anyhow.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not just a matter of locking or unlocking North on the dji map?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik