Radar and how it works or doesn't.

PCB

Reaction score
(1) By default, the center of the radar indicates the home point recorded by the Phantom 2 Vision+.
Tap the center of the radar to switch the center to your mobile device's current location.
(2) If your mobile device contains a compass, the top portion of the Radar is the direction you are
pointing. If not, the radar will be oriented due north.
(3) Distance units are metric in Figure 69 and Figure 70. Users can switch the unit to imperial in the
settings page.
This came from the manual, on mine using android tablet it points 90º left of due north so the whole display is very confusing.
Actually, it points toward the top of the tablet but when I go to camera mode the whole display switches so the top of the tablet has to be toward the left so the display is right side up. I tried changing the auto rotate in tablet settings but there is only one way the display comes up. Is this a android thing, a lack of compass on the tablet or my interpretation of the whole radar thing?
I'm still trying to figure out why my P2+ flew away and that is one of the things I'm looking at.

I had the exact same problem and could not figure out why suddenly the app's radar changed to north up view only. After some trial and error, it turns out that I disabled "Location Services" on my phone. Once I turned that back on the radar worked as advertised. Make sure that the phone's compass in enabled as well under Privacy/Location Services. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik