Radar altimeter?

Reaction score
I do a lot of flying over water. I'd love to find a way to tie some sort of ground proximity sensor into the Phantom so that I can set my altitude to a certain elevation about the ground, or in my case, the water. Does any know if the Naza will accept another input to help hold altitude? This would be fantastic as I fly 8 Feet off the water with full forward speed.

Pyrojim said:
I do a lot of flying over water. I'd love to find a way to tie some sort of ground proximity sensor into the Phantom so that I can set my altitude to a certain elevation about the ground, or in my case, the water. Does any know if the Naza will accept another input to help hold altitude? This would be fantastic as I fly 8 Feet off the water with full forward speed.

It's doable but it's not a trivial hack. A LiDAR unit can be attached to the Phantom but it needs to be able to influence the flight controller. That would require a separate micro-controller that reads the sensor data and then hooks into the S.BUS and adds and removes throttle as needed to maintain the vertical position.

Cant the phantom slready hold altitude pretty good?
I've seen it drift maybe 2-3 feet up/down, do 8 feet would be plenty if margin

The Phantom does a good job of holding altitude in a hover, but once it gets into directional flight, all bets are off. A ground or terrain following feature would be an incredible improvement.

Pyrojim said:

Me want.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik