Racing course tips

Reaction score
Hope my title isnt misleading.
Ive in the hobby for a couple years owning/hadling all sorts of drones.
I am more than confident in my abilities to operate my drone but am very cold and calculated, one area ove never explored is operating my drone in faster speeds with confidence in my ability to control it.
What is a good exercise to start getting conftroble moving around object at a high speed.
I kinda think practicing around trees is kinda risky. Anybody any ideas? Or if anyone goes high speed with full confidence, any tips?

IMO the best exercise to get comfortable flying any expensive drone in close quarters is to get good flying something like a Hubsan X4 107 series or a Blade Nano QX around the house.

Practice "nose-in" hover a lot. Get to the point you can fly little circles and figure 8's around the livingroom with one of these, and your chances of losing control of the Phantom in ATTI mode, or making an inappropriate stick movement in close quarters with a tree is dramatically reduced. Practice, practice, practice.

IMO the best exercise to get comfortable flying any expensive drone in close quarters is to get good flying something like a Hubsan X4 107 series or a Blade Nano QX around the house.

Practice "nose-in" hover a lot. Get to the point you can fly little circles and figure 8's around the livingroom with one of these, and your chances of losing control of the Phantom in ATTI mode, or making an inappropriate stick movement in close quarters with a tree is dramatically reduced. Practice, practice, practice.
I actually have. I have a nano drone and a couple nano qx that i fly around the house thats why i mentioned am quite comfrotble in my ability. I have good muscle memory to get the drone to where i want it if i panic

Reactions: GoodnNuff

What he said.

I have several (or maybe all?) of the Blade Nano iterations, and they are great little training quads. And hella fun to fly. The Blade Inductrix is a fairly new micro drone that is very stable, more so than the Nano line, so it feels more like a Phantom in the air.
But any small quad will do to train on, you can even set up courses to fly in your house. Another good step up from the Nano's would be the Blade 200QX, not quite as fast as a real racing quad, but very nimble and responsive. You can even do a software download that allows the motors to reverse in flight so that you can fly inverted.

Well, beyond that, I guess it's really about your own personal risk tolerance. :)
Racing gates would probably be better to run into with a Phantom than a tree, but if you clip a gate, you are probably hitting the ground shortly there after. Phantoms don't like that.
This is why I want to build a 250 racer.

I bought the Blade Mach 25 a few months ago. Really have had fun with it. It is very sturdy and durable, but the props aren't - lol.
For a "ready to fly out of the box" racer, I have no complaints.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj