r,i,p you will be missed p3s

**** ! Sorry to hear about "Drone in the Drink"! Makes me think seriously about making some pool noodle pontoon floats for over water footage.

Skygear is a real treasure hunter! If anyone can find it he can. What a great past time. Combing the beaches in search of all kinds of treasure. I wanna do this in retirement!

Watching this thread for recovery story...

If skygear comes up with the bird,it will be the most amazing "search n' rescue" story I've ever heard of!

Good luck!

**** ! Sorry to hear about "Drone in the Drink"! Makes me think seriously about making some pool noodle pontoon floats for over water footage.

Skygear is a real treasure hunter! If anyone can find it he can. What a great past time. Combing the beaches in search of all kinds of treasure. I wanna do this in retirement!

Watching this thread for recovery story...

If you haven't seen the zip lock bags, here you go..

PHANTOM EMERGENCY FLOTATION FOR A DIME (redux)

Here ya go skygear. Best I can figure is 27.658282, -82.678675 which is roughly 400ft straight out from the tree circled on the photo. NOAA shows the general area as 8ft - 14ft.

View attachment 48766

I had done the same as you did with my calculations. Just got back. No go. The water clarity was horrible ~6" plus the duration of time and 4 tide changes since the event.

I searched the beach, put the word out there to the locals. Then started to grid search the area using my Monterra GPS. 80 plus dives later, I called it quits. Have to cook dinner. If I had known when it originally crashed, I could have been there in 20min and might have had different results.

The clarity was great yesterday. Plus the tides were right at their peak and less chance of the currents sweeping it away farther out.

I bet Erin would have let me use his wave runner to shoot out there.

Sorry I couldn't do more today.

On a positive note I did find Tonys LED Lense cover....

Reactions: Squirrel!
awesome thanks skygear thought it was a longshot it would of been amazing story if found we would of got at least million hits world wide with this story thanks again

Reactions: Squirrel!
Wanted to make it 2 recovered in just as many weeks. Not going to give up yet. Might hit it up again at low tide tomorrow.

if you due find it take pics of it coming out of water this story would be amazing plus with tonys all in one week

okay we met up at skyway flew out lost signal after looking at what happened wow wind took it everywhere lesson learned don't fly in those winds .will have to get a another p3s will be missed
Oh no! That totally sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

well will look for a new one still have my new p3a so can still go flying
Just curious why you would fly a standard or buy another one when you have a advance to fly? Isn't the advanced way better?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

cause I like to fly my standard around in area where I live with its led on it plus doesn't hurt to have to birds

thanks dirkclod

Reactions: dirkclod
Slight change of topic, but did y'all try and launch off the fishing pier, or the rest area? I was on the pier a few weeks back and couldn't get calibrated.

Too much metal on pier. North of rest area.

And that's why I don't fly around oceans ...... that, and the fact I live in the midwest and we don't have any oceans ..... !

Reactions: Nickster
And that's why I don't fly around oceans ...... that, and the fact I live in the midwest and we don't have any oceans ..... !
The pier itself is hard to calibrate. I did get it calibrated on the pier. But freaked out when I was may 500ft out I got a message. Compass error. I returned as quickly as possible and left the pier. Went to hidden beach and went 12k out and back.
24k total

WOW! So very sorry to hear that! That "sinking' feeling (sorry).
Even though you have another, it still isn't fun loosing your drone. If only there was a way to know what the winds are at altitude when you are flying!
Anyway, good luck!

well all is good got another today
2016-04-02 14.44.45.jpg

Paul I'm sure you got another light set?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj