R.I.P to the P3P That Used to Be

Reaction score
Well boys, I have a sad story to report.

I went out to Grand Haven to film my friends jumping off the pier, and as we were about to park I saw a guy on the boardwalk holding what was DEFINITELY a DJI P3 controller. I got so excited to go talk to someone in person about flying!

.....but by the time I went and parked and walked back (5 minutes or less) he had crashed his beautiful p3p into a tree. When we showed up there were about 15 people looking at a tree, so I commented to my friends "he must be landing it". Little did I know, the guy had actually just crashed into the tree.

He didn't seem that phased about the incident, and told me it was his 3rd crash, and the other 2 were lost over some body of saltwater. "Yup, these things don't like trees or saltwater" was what he told me :p

Got some pictures of a bystander hopping down to help pick up the P3. Didn't look damaged at all, just a bunch of dirt that he'll have to blow out, but I didn't get close enough to see for sure.

Just another reminder to always exercise caution when flying!

wreck'd3.pngWreck'd.jpgwreck'd2.jpg

I went out to Grand Haven to film my friends jumping off the pier, and as we were about to park I saw a guy on the boardwalk holding what was DEFINITELY a DJI P3 controller. I got so excited to go talk to someone in person about flying!

.....but by the time I went and parked and walked back (5 minutes or less) he had crashed his beautiful p3p into a tree. When we showed up there were about 15 people looking at a tree, so I commented to my friends "he must be landing it". Little did I know, the guy had actually just crashed into the tree.

He didn't seem that phased about the incident, and told me it was his 3rd crash, and the other 2 were lost over some body of saltwater. "Yup, these things don't like trees or saltwater" was what he told me :p

Got some pictures of a bystander hopping down to help pick up the P3. Didn't look damaged at all, just a bunch of dirt that he'll have to blow out, but I didn't get close enough to see for sure.

View attachment 24686View attachment 24684View attachment 24685
He was just playing cool. It hurts deep down when they crash and burn. For a sec I thought you crashed yours. http://www.phantompilots.com/attachments/img_20150712_191106-jpg.24680/ <-------Oak Tree leaves and branch in the prop guard

Yeah Nick, I thought same thing. I also thought it was in the very big Lake Michigan drink knowing your fondness for water flight. Glad to hear its someone else, who clearly hasn't learned any lessons.

Haha yeah I was hoping my thread title would be clickbait XD

but anyone that knows me knows I have the P3A.

I must say I was very nervous flying all day after seeing that crash though. Luckily I managed to bring the P3 home safe.

That guy obviously hasn't read my, Please stop crashing your P3P into Trees! Thread. lol

From looking at his watch I don't think he really cares how many he loses !

Is it an expensive watch? I don't know anything about em haha

Looked again at the pictures and now I see it. I'm guess its real gold so yeah definitely more than 10 P3P (still a cheaper hobby than crashing sports cars)

Wow.. Seriously, how do you lose 2 of these over saltwater already though? Didn't they just come out recently?? He needs to fly higher I think... ;-)

Wow.. Seriously, how do you lose 2 of these over saltwater already though? Didn't they just come out recently?? He needs to fly higher I think... ;-)

I think he just needs to stop flying altogether :p if his money is that expendable he should pay someone else to fly for him.

but hey, to each their own

Reactions: tvckz
It looked like a Rolex Presidential to me and yea they a few bucks :eek:
Wonder if he'd adopt a 60 year old ? ;)

Reactions: Fplvert

Are you still selling parts? I need a radio for the P3?

He could invest in a sun hood for his phone, it might allow him to see trees and water approaching.

Reactions: jlo
Reactions: jlo
He should have gone into the tree himself, maybe he then learns how to fly
I think he just needs to stop flying altogether :p if his money is that expendable he should pay someone else to fly for him.

Looks like he paid someone else to climb the tree for him :)

He should have gone into the tree himself, maybe he then learns how to fly

Looks like he paid someone else to climb the tree for him :)
Looks like he's looking for luv :D
Read in here these things are chick magnets :eek:
wreck'd2.jpg ..Ha Ha ..just joking :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers