R/C settings in PT2 software

Reaction score
The instructions are not written clearly enough for me to comprehend.

Here's what I mean: In the PT2 software I've got "Nazam" selected at the top of the display, "Basic" menu, "R/C" tab.

Now: I've currently got my S2 switch set up so that it's "GPS" in top position, "Atti" in middle position and "Manual" in bottom position. All well and good.

Finally, the question: If I wanted a switch position to become "F/S", would that be done by replacing one of the current selectable control mode options on the S2 switch with "F/S", using the drop-down 3-choice menu on the right side of the U channel slider?

If that's correct, DJI has done a dang poor job of explaining, at least in the English version of the software.

Bigbells said:
The instructions are not written clearly enough for me to comprehend.

Here's what I mean: In the PT2 software I've got "Nazam" selected at the top of the display, "Basic" menu, "R/C" tab.

Now: I've currently got my S2 switch set up so that it's "GPS" in top position, "Atti" in middle position and "Manual" in bottom position. All well and good.

Finally, the question: If I wanted a switch position to become "F/S", would that be done by replacing one of the current selectable control mode options on the S2 switch with "F/S", using the drop-down 3-choice menu on the right side of the U channel slider?

If that's correct, DJI has done a dang poor job of explaining, at least in the English version of the software.

Hello, don't forget that switching to NAZAM mode is not "officially" supported in the Vision user manual so that's why there's nothing written about it there and you're left to your own devices as an "experienced user".

It's actually the S1 switch you are talking about (right hand side) and you should be able to see the three positions on the slider at the bottom of the screen, and they will shift as you click the S1 through its three positions. You do indeed use the drop down to select what to assign the lowest position to on S1: atti, manual, f/s.

Silly me counting from left to right again and calling the right-hand switch S2 when it's really S1. Sorry 'bout dat.

There is written information in the software itself, when you hover your cursor over the U channel slider. That is the poorly written language to which I'm referring.

So if I may rephrase, is this correct?: With Nazam activated, the top and middle S1 switch positions are fixed as GPS and Atti, respectively. The bottom S1 switch position can be set to Atti (duplicating the middle position for no good reason that I can think of), or it can be set to Manual, or it can be set to F/S.

Bigbells said:
Silly me counting from left to right again and calling the right-hand switch S2 when it's really S1. Sorry 'bout dat.

There is written information in the software itself, when you hover your cursor over the U channel slider. That is the poorly written language to which I'm referring.

So if I may rephrase, is this correct?: With Nazam activated, the top and middle S1 switch positions are fixed as GPS and Atti, respectively. The bottom S1 switch position can be set to Atti (duplicating the middle position for no good reason that I can think of), or it can be set to Manual, or it can be set to F/S.

Don't apologise - there's been more than one occasion when people were talking about one switch but meant the other and couldn't work out why nothing was changing... just checking. ;)

Yes, you are correct. The reason for having atti duplicated is that some people may not want to risk accidentally switch to failsafe or worse, manual mode. Unless you have a fair amount of experience flying manual quads then probably best to set it to either atti or failsafe, whichever suits you best.

Whether it may be best to do otherwise I couldn't tell you, but here's how I will gain the experience I need to fly my quad in manual control mode: I will fly my quad in manual control mode.

That said, I'll wait for super calm air, will fly in a completely open area with soft ground, will keep it really close, will keep my right thumb ready to flip the switch to GPS mode, AND, I'll do my learning with my FC40 instead of my P2 Vision. :D

There's a plan! But a word to the wise, don't do it close and low, do it high. The throttle in manual mode goes linear. All the way down is 0%, all the way up is 100% and of course the sprung centre is 50%... crucially that's probably not going to be enough to hover, so you're going to have to do some nifty left stick work when you flick the switch as well as having gyro only assistance in keeping yaw, pitch and roll in line. If you've got it set in a hands off hover when you flick she'll likely drop. Enjoy!

(A cheaper practice tool even than the '40 might be a Hubsan X4 or similar indoor micro quad if you haven't got one already)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers