Quirky 3 pro behaviour

Reaction score
hi,

I was flying last night , usual spot (very rural) 2000 ft distant and 190 ft altitude when suddenly the mode changed to P-OPTI then into ATTI back into P-OPTI plus I had warning 'satellite poisoning off , fly with caution' - then back to P-GPS.

This all happened in a matter of seconds, maybe 5 or so but not having experienced anything like this before, it spooked me !

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Mark

I was flying last night , usual spot (very rural) 2000 ft distant and 190 ft altitude when suddenly the mode changed to P-OPTI then into ATTI back into P-OPTI plus I had warning 'satellite poisoning off , fly with caution' - then back to P-GPS.
This all happened in a matter of seconds, maybe 5 or so but not having experienced anything like this before, it spooked me !
If you are up above VPS height (10 feet) it's a false alarm.
Switch off the VPS system and you won't get it again.

This has cropped up recently, it appears. Same story - flying in an uncrowded area where you don't expect 2.4 GHz interference or giant piles of metal randomly thrown about. Lasts for seconds. Happens intermittently. Doesn't seem to improve after compass or IMU calibration (although these are uniformly suggested).

I think DJI tweaked something that made GPS a bit more twitchy. In the four or five times I've run into this, I just fly in ATTI mode until it comes back. Another good reason to practice in ATTI mode.

Either that or giant alien motherships are blocking the GPS signal.

EDIT - I don't think VPS has much to do with this. I leave VPS off all of the time and I still get this problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1