Quick yellow flashing lights on Phantom 2. Rotors won't start.

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought my dji phantom 2 with the H3-3d Gimbal for my gopro and I have flown it only 5 times yet. I recently bought dji lightbridge to mount it on my phantom...

I installed the lightbridge system according to this video:
DJI - How to install Lightbridge on Phantom 2 (4 min 29 sec)

Right after closing the shel of my phantom, I plugged it into the assistant software and ran the updates. Then I power cycled my phantom and what I get is constantly yellow flashing lights. I can't start my rotors in any way whatsoever. These lights flash very quickly and last until my battery dies... It seems like I don't have a connection between my phantom and my 2.4ghz remote (the remote with the new gimbal wheel). There is a light on the side of my phantom that is red when my remote is turned off and green when my remote is turned on... I guess that shows connection between the two.

I have searched on several forums and did IMU calibrations... I re-opened my phantom yesterday and went through all the lightbridge installation procedures in the video above and nothing seems wrong.

When I plug the phantom in the assistant software, all the arrows are to the extreme right of their range. My gimbal is working perfectly though, keeping the go pro all balanced but I can't tilt it with the remote (again, no connection).

Any help would be much appreciated!

If the attempt to relink/rebind is not successful....

If you're in Naza mode the LED pattern you describe looks like the indication for no Tx signal detected.

Now when that is considered against the bind or link LED on the a/c being green it would seem to indicate the connection between between the receiver and the Naza is missing.
This could be because of a bad cable or a connector is not in the proper location, not fully inserted, etc.

I cannot help you specifically with your mods or additions but this is my best, sight unseen, guess at this time.

Thanks, I have tried to re-link the a/c to the remote without the desired outcome. My Phantom 2 is not currently in naza mode. I will look into that. Thanks!

Might just check that you connected the lightbridge into the X2 and not in X1 or X3

If you remove the Lightbridge assembly, does everything work as expected?

Reactions: CHLA
Ok here is some small development. I unplugged the D-Bus cable provided with the Lightbridge system from the flight control system's X2 port to plug back the old receiver cable in the X2 port of the flight control system. The goal was to make sure that it was not a problem in my Phantom 2 but really a problem with the connections of the Lightbridge system. After powering up my phantom, I can see that it works! So it is definitely a connection problem with the DBus cable of the Lightbridge system. Without the Lightbridge connections, I calibrated my remote again and I can tilt the gimbal with it. I couldn't start my rotors but maybe it's because I can't calibrate the aircraft well because I didn't put back the upper shell yet.

I wonder why when I plug the D-Bus cable of the Lightbridge (following the right procedures) system my aircraft automatically goes into Failsafe mode in the assistant software and I get constantly yellow flashing lights and no response..

If you remove the Lightbridge assembly, does everything work as expected?
Yes! Everything works fine without the DJI Lightbridge assembly. So it is probably a connection problem with the Lightbridge's cables but I can't figure out what.

Good Job!

Sorry I can't do more than cheer at this point.

Yes! Everything works fine without the DJI Lightbridge assembly. So it is probably a connection problem with the Lightbridge's cables but I can't figure out what.

Have you ever had a successful flight with the LB assembly installed? If not, then you may have a defective unit. Otherwise, I'd closely observe the installation on the next attempt.

No I didn't have a successful flight with the LB assembly. I will contact DJI. Maybe you are right. It can be the defective unit. The LB system is so easy to install, I did it twice checking the right connections very carefully with no success in starting my rotors afterwards.

No I didn't have a successful flight with the LB assembly. I will contact DJI. Maybe you are right. It can be the defective unit. The LB system is so easy to install, I did it twice checking the right connections very carefully with no success in starting my rotors afterwards.

Looking forward to a new option installed on ones aircraft is a bitter disappointment when it doesn't operate as advertised. However, these things are made by humans.

I wish you the best of luck in your future attempts to get this corrected! I know it must be frustrating for the amount of time and money invested at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic