Quick "Warning" to "Critical"

Reaction score
I had a flight yesterday, which was my 4th in total, and 2nd of the particular battery. I was hover around, going up to maybe 60 feet, taking a photo, then down again and some fast forward flight (Practising flighing boxes), when after the normal time, got the warning about battery. Quad was never more than 60 feet from me. So when I heard it, I decided to quickly go to 60 feet and take a final sunset photo, but as I got to 60 feet, in around.. maybe 20 seconds, the critical alarm piped up telling me it had to land in 10, 9, 8 etc.

I managed to land, but the gap from 'Ok, battery getting low now', to 'Critical' was very very short. Is this normal? I thought I had the warnings at 30% for low, and 10% for critical, but the loss of 20% in 15 seconds?

The pack had been charged less than 24 hours prior to flight. And the air temperature, estimate between 25 and 30 degrees c (77F to 86F)

When you put a lot of stress on the battery, the voltage will temporarily drop to a lower level. If your battery is already low, that will make it pretty easy to make it trigger the critical low battery warning. Your Phantom is trying to prevent the battery cells from reaching 3.0V. If that happens, the battery will shut off and your Phantom will drop like a rock.

If you monitor the battery voltage in the DJI GO app as you fly, you'll know when you're pushing your Phantom too hard. Then, just back off the throttle. See more details here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers