Quick Video @ Angel Stadium with my Phantom with Zenmuse

kingsolomon12 said:
Very impressed to say the least with this set up. Recently added DJI's 5.8ghz transmitter & receiver with a monitor on the transmitter & could not be happier. Hope u guys like the video, filmed over this passed weekend at the Angels game...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJVu5__h5o
MarK. :)
I won't even get my phantom out of my flight case if I feel there are too many people at the park that I go to and here you are launching over upwards of 40,000 people. The footage is great but I wouldn't want to draw that type of attention to myself or our hobby.

Airspace is restricted over a stadium.

Stadiums
FDC NOTAM 9/5151
issued under
14 CFR 99.7
on "Special Security Instructions," restricts flight
over stadiums during major league baseball, Natio
nal Football League,
NCAA, and motor speedway events.
The so
-
called “stadium TFR” prohibits
all aircraft and parachute operations at or below 3,000 AGL within a 3 nm
radius of any stadium with a seating capacity of 30,000 or more people
when there is a m
ajor league baseball game, NFL game, NCAA division one
football game, or major motor speedway event occurring.
This TFR applies to the entire US
domestic national airspace system, and takes effect from one hour before the scheduled event
time until one ho
ur after the event concludes

kingsolomon12 said:
Very impressed to say the least with this set up. Recently added DJI's 5.8ghz transmitter & receiver with a monitor on the transmitter & could not be happier. Hope u guys like the video, filmed over this passed weekend at the Angels game...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJVu5__h5o

I personally would've terrified to fly over 40 thousand people. These things can be un reliable. My first one had an overheating issue and fell out of the sky without warning!

Great video, Looks like the kids loved watching the Phantom at the end of the video. Shows what the Gopro and the Phantom were made for.

As for all the Negitive folks out there. Get over it. :lol:

The package of Q-tips tells you not to insert it in your ear, but I bet you have. :eek:

Rigger609 said:
Great video, Looks like the kids loved watching the Phantom at the end of the video. Shows what the Gopro and the Phantom were made for.

As for all the Negitive folks out there. Get over it. :lol:

The package of Q-tips tells you not to insert it in your ear, but I bet you have. :eek:

those of us who fly real airplanes understand FAA laws and what can happen when you ignore them. i have thousands of dollars tied up learning how to fly, rules are rules and the FAA usually does not have a since of humor. you are right the video looks great but was it worth putting those people in stadium at risk, you phantom impounded because the FAA can do about what they want and a fine. and if you happen to have a pilots cert they can suspend that.

Think about the press if the phantom would have crashed into kids. how long before you think the public will want to ban them?

I would consider myself an experienced pilot, I trust my equipment & have never had a problem. That being said should something have gone wrong I would have taken full responsibility. I think the stadium patrons were more at risk of catching a foul ball to the face than my Phantom hitting them. Everyone who saw it was amazed with the Phantom, stadium security included & I couldn't be happier with the footage I got. I'm sorry so many of you see it differently but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

kingsolomon12 said:
I would consider myself an experienced pilot, I trust my equipment & have never had a problem. That being said should something have gone wrong I would have taken full responsibility. I think the stadium patrons were more at risk of catching a foul ball to the face than my Phantom hitting them. Everyone who saw it was amazed with the Phantom, stadium security included & I couldn't be happier with the footage I got. I'm sorry so many of you see it differently but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

First: There's a very thick line between the opinions of those on this forum, and regulations set in place by the Federal Aviation Administration.

Secondly, those who purchased tickets to attend that baseball game are fully aware of the "balls in play may enter the stands" factor. I'm not sure there's anything on the fine print of their ticket that mentions the possibility of remote controlled aircraft spiraling from the sky.

And third of all, there are a TON of paranoid people in this world. All it would take is one person's "WHAT IS THAT GREEN AND RED LIGHT IN THE SKY!? THEY'RE COMING FOR US!!!!" that could quickly turn into a 911 call or something else even more drastic. I had a flyaway shortly after getting my Phantom and when I was handing out fliers in the nearby areas, I had a guy give me an earful because he claimed I was a Russian spy and I was flying around his neighborhood doing who knows what.

I don't think anyone is saying you need to read the FAA regs from front to back, just exhibit common sense. You are in control of a small aircraft via radio frequencies. ANYTHING could happen whether it be a hardware or software malfunction, interference on the radio band, that could cause you to lose control.

There are a lot of people now getting into this hobby because of how inexpensive and user friendly it has become. It would be a shame for something like this to bring enough attention to this hobby to then have us all left with a several hundred dollar (or several thousand dollar depending on your setup) paperweight.

lilwheat, I think you are wasting your time trying to educate this guy... he's convinced that there is nothing with what he did, and nothing you or I, or the FAA says about it is gonna change his mind.
Oh, he said "I take full responsibility for it" so that makes it okay. Good luck telling that to the judge right before he sentences him to a little down time in the OC jail.

boat chaser said:
I'm waiting for the post "FAA just fined me and confiscated my phantom" :lol:

May be never post that here.... from jail is too hard to chime in forums :lol:

Mindflights said:
kingsolomon12 said:

You used protune in gopro or not?
I did not use protune or any other software. That's the raw footage from the go pro @ 60 fps, 1080p , normal view.

kingsolomon12 said:
Mindflights said:
kingsolomon12 said:

You used protune in gopro or not?
I did not use protune or any other software. That's the raw footage from the go pro @ 60 fps, 1080p , normal view.

I asked about the Protune mode in Gopro Hero3 Black settings. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr