Quick test of 5.8 amp

image.png

Recent longest flight. Lost video so I initiated RTH. Control still good.

View attachment 61376 View attachment 61377

Your correct, I have DBS also.
I only run two amps as of now. Considering ordering a second 2.4 to make it three though. But, I may experiment with bird side antenna mod first to see if it helps my 2.4 video signal stability when way out there and also to help me regain signal quicker if I lose video. The 5.8 control signal seems really good IMO. I've never had that even blip once in my flights so far.

Thanks for the pictures! Really am considering getting 2 amps as well... Did they come with the necessary cables? Or did you have to buy extra ones (between amp/dbs)?
Not sure how I'd power them... how do you check the remaining voltage of the lipo? If you go below a certain voltage, won't that damage the lipo?

Yes the Sunhans amps came with the wire needed to hook into the controller and DBS. All good there.
It also had the wall adapters which I needed to cut off the plugs; then I spliced the two plugs together and into the power line from the lipo. Soldered it up, used shrink wrap to secure, and good to go.

For the lipo voltage, it's one of my complaints with the battery. It does not have the typical lipo matching cable where I can plug in a checker. And the battery itself has no built in meter.

I've toyed with the idea of soldering in a voltmeter and mounting on controller.
I've also considered getting a different battery pack that shows power level.

The good thing about the 6800mah pack is that after a flight or two it barely uses any juice. I charge it every 1-2 flights to keep it topped off. I've read that the charger is a red light when charging; but it's always green but a little redish when I plug in. It's weird, but seems to work.

If I do keep this battery, I may just put in a deans style plug so I can charge with my RC lipo charger. That will show voltage and keep charging within safe limits. I think the battery itself had a cutoff built in so it won't over discharge.

Those Sunhans really sounds very good... already had a look around, but for the moment, price is keeping me off a little. Haven't found them in EU yet, and don't want to pay for extra import charges... so I continue my search :) For power, I'd probably get an Anker Powercore or something like that...

Those Sunhans really sounds very good... already had a look around, but for the moment, price is keeping me off a little. Haven't found them in EU yet, and don't want to pay for extra import charges... so I continue my search :) For power, I'd probably get an Anker Powercore or something like that...

I've heard good things about the anker and kind of wish I bought that. Go for it.

The Sunhans are pretty cool units. They are solid and feel like good constriction. I totally notice the benefit and don't see myself flying sans amps for quite a while. Not until I have some other kick *** setup of amazing antenna that needs no boost.
All in time :)

I've heard good things about the anker and kind of wish I bought that. Go for it.

The Sunhans are pretty cool units. They are solid and feel like good constriction. I totally notice the benefit and don't see myself flying sans amps for quite a while. Not until I have some other kick *** setup of amazing antenna that needs no boost.
All in time :)
What type of area u getting your 2 miles from?

Are getting 2 miles over land also? trees,wi fi congestion

Are getting 2 miles over land also? trees,wi fi congestion

I see. My first 1/2 mile was through about 50-75 wifi networks and over land. I myself was standing about 1/2 mile inland. After that the next 2 miles was all over the ocean.

Hy!

Please help me. I have an argtek mod, and i want buy this 5.8 ghz amp. Can you help me with pictures, or someting, how can i make an usb port to it, for connect to a powerbank? thx!

Hy!

Please help me. I have an argtek mod, and i want buy this 5.8 ghz amp. Can you help me with pictures, or someting, how can i make an usb port to it, for connect to a powerbank? thx!

Just cut an USB wire and solder it to 5v output.

That's because the working voltage is 6-16v right? but isn't it using 5v powerbank is undervolting it? I just ordered a step up usb converter from 5v to 12v (2.1A to 0.8A) to power my sunhans 5.8Ghz amp with 12V 1A input. I hope it work...

you need to decide what do you want to use... usb->powerbank, red/black wire->battery
ok, so if i want to use usb with powerbank, then i need to solder the cable to the otherside, where it's write 5v? and wich th epositive and the ground? same like 6-16v? soírry for my unknowledge... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4