Quick test of 5.8 amp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
4500meter reached with same 5.8g booster

3bd7e503a0e4dfbc66d229893d3956a7.jpg

Sent from my X80 Pro(E3E6) using PhantomPilots mobile app

300m altitude! Isn't that a bit dangerous? and this is Hong Kong right?

Last edited:
Reactions: SingLag
anyone tested this kind of thing on a dbs? Would love to know the results/setup...

anyone tested this kind of thing on a dbs? Would love to know the results/setup...
Sure, not that type of amp but close. Dirtybum has almost gottin 7 (give or take 1)miles w/ a small dbs and p3s

Hi all, any of you have a suggestion on what should I use to power this amp up?

Thanks all

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 290
Hi all, any of you have a suggestion on what should I use to power this amp up?

Thanks all

I almost bought that one and planned to get an RC grade 3S lipo with as high mah as I could get. 5500 perhaps.
That should work.

I believe I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago where some guy did a full test on this particular amp.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Argoxp
My new record 3,15 km, I could push it further but I decided to initiate RTH

Reactions: Argoxp
My new record 3,15 km, I could push it further but I decided to initiate RTH

That is awesome, I hope i can get similar results with mine.

What are you using to power the amp/?

CpcvpqK.jpg

I use 5v powerbank, works great. In the same time I can charge my phone or the remote controler as it has 2 usb ports.

I almost bought that one and planned to get an RC grade 3S lipo with as high mah as I could get. 5500 perhaps.
That should work.

I believe I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago where some guy did a full test on this particular amp.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
What kept you from buying it? I've seen these on ebay for a pretty reasonable price, so thinking of buying one as well...

What kept you from buying it? I've seen these on ebay for a pretty reasonable price, so thinking of buying one as well...

Few things.
1) Sunhans is seeming more reputable and more in use successfully.
2) I read that someone said the wires were possibly fragile and I was worried that with all the exposed circuitry it could break or get damaged by transport or general handling considering its on my controller and very exposed. The Sunhans case is pretty darn durable and good looking in my opinion.
3) I'm impatient and needed my amps quick for a trip I was going on to the beach. I had to make use of my Amazon prime and a fast eBay shipper to get my parts in time!
Glad to report the Sunhans setup works well, was not terrible to install, and looks/feels good.

Reactions: x11freak
Few things.
1) Sunhans is seeming more reputable and more in use successfully.
2) I read that someone said the wires were possibly fragile and I was worried that with all the exposed circuitry it could break or get damaged by transport or general handling considering its on my controller and very exposed. The Sunhans case is pretty darn durable and good looking in my opinion.
3) I'm impatient and needed my amps quick for a trip I was going on to the beach. I had to make use of my Amazon prime and a fast eBay shipper to get my parts in time!
Glad to report the Sunhans setup works well, was not terrible to install, and looks/feels good.
If i'm not mistaken, you also have a dbs right? Can you show me some pics of your setup? How many amps did you buy? 3?

5km reached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-11-48-590_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-11-48-590_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 269
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
If i'm not mistaken, you also have a dbs right? Can you show me some pics of your setup? How many amps did you buy? 3?

Your correct, I have DBS also.
I only run two amps as of now. Considering ordering a second 2.4 to make it three though. But, I may experiment with bird side antenna mod first to see if it helps my 2.4 video signal stability when way out there and also to help me regain signal quicker if I lose video. The 5.8 control signal seems really good IMO. I've never had that even blip once in my flights so far.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 309

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31