Quick review of photo in GoApp

Reaction score
I recently saw a YouTube video when someone was showing how to take long exposure shots. Each time he was able to review his photos right after he took it. He had it set for a 2 second review. I've looked for this setting but can't find it. Was it removed in a later version of the GoApp? If no, where can I find it to turn on?

Last edited:
I can guide you live if you have the GO app and drone turned ON. We need open communication.

Sooooooo did you ever figure this out. I think I have been through every setting and can't find this anywhere. Going to review every single time gets old fast and really eats up time and battery.

It's easy to review with the play button. This is better than a fixed length auto review, it lets you look at it as long as you want.

upload_2016-11-4_23-45-2.png

Reactions: Vzr1
Yeah That I knew. But going to play, selecting the image, loading it, then backing out just takes time and when you are setting up night shots especially, having the image come right up after the shot is great. Just having to learn a new system coming from a DSLR so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah That I knew. But going to play, selecting the image, loading it, then backing out just takes time and when you are setting up night shots especially, having the image come right up after the shot is great. Just having to learn a new system coming from a DSLR so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think you have to select the shot. Pushing the play button renders the last shot with one push, whether its a photo or a video clip, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll have to get back to you on that, I didn't think so though. Both batteries are dead so I can't test anything right now lol

Well I did check it. So When you capture an image/video and either tap the play button on the screen or the play button on the controller, it takes you to a grid view, there you tap on the image/video to view. At that point you can tap backwards, then again to get back or press the play button on the controller. Would be nice to be able to link the play button on the controller to display the last image/video taken and then you can tap back to the list if YOU want to. Sounds crazy but seeing up shots and getting the light right for long exposures takes enough time and with a 20 iso battery every second counts!

Well I did check it. So When you capture an image/video and either tap the play button on the screen or the play button on the controller, it takes you to a grid view, there you tap on the image/video to view. At that point you can tap backwards, then again to get back or press the play button on the controller. Would be nice to be able to link the play button on the controller to display the last image/video taken and then you can tap back to the list if YOU want to. Sounds crazy but seeing up shots and getting the light right for long exposures takes enough time and with a 20 iso battery every second counts!
Just to be clear, we're talking Phantom 4, right? There is no play button on the Phantom 4 controller, it was removed and that button is now the PAUSE button on P4. The only play button is in the GO app to my knowledge.

I verified on my P4 just now, and it's like I thought. When I click the play button in GO it takes me directly to the last photo or video captured, and displays it, no selection process is required from a grid. When I see the photo or video displayed, there is a BACK button in the upper left corner of the screen to get back to the real time view through the camera. If you want to see other photos/videos saved, during photo/video display, there is a "grid ICON" in the lower left corner of the photo, and when clicked it will take you to the grid view of the SD card content. I rarely use that grid option while flying.

It's very quick and easy, and it sounds just like what you are looking for. It's strange why yours doesn't act the same. I'm using Go 2.8.3.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, we're talking Phantom 4, right? I'm using Go 2.8.3.

Ok my big bad, did not see the header, I'm on a P3A. So that is a hardware difference there for the button on the controller; But, the app should be the same I would think? I am on 3.0.2 (iOS) Maybe the newer app has removed that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ heres a video.

Sorry for being in the wrong discussion for the device.

Ok my big bad, did not see the header, I'm on a P3A. So that is a hardware difference there for the button on the controller; But, the app should be the same I would think? I am on 3.0.2 (iOS) Maybe the newer app has removed that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ heres a video.

Sorry for being in the wrong discussion for the device.
Wow, that really sucks. I wonder what DJI was thinking when they changed the play button functionality in 3.0.2? That's certainly a reason not to upgrade my Go app yet. I don't think there's a setting for photo review, I'll have to look around. I'll fire up my P3P and confirm how it operates.

Maybe other experts here can confirm this major change for photo play review. My 2.8.3 Go play button immediately displays the last photo/video shot. The new 3.0.2 Go play button makes you navigate through a grid selector to see the photo/video, slowing down things. Bummer.

Wow, that really sucks. I wonder what DJI was thinking when they changed the play button functionality in 3.0.2? That's certainly a reason not to upgrade my Go app yet. I don't think there's a setting for photo review, I'll have to look around. I'll fire up my P3P and confirm how it operates.

Maybe other experts here can confirm this major change for photo play review. My 2.8.3 Go play button immediately displays the last photo/video shot. The new 3.0.2 Go play button makes you navigate through a grid selector to see the photo/video, slowing down things. Bummer.

So john, apparently in 3.1.0 when hitting review, its the last video/image and you have to THEN navigate back to the list. So glad they must have seen this was messed up!!! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1