Quick Release Prop Guards

Reaction score
2014-09-16.jpg
[imghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nTBBvyzi-hQ/VBjpsUfixXI/AAAAAAAAGZU/sI87Sd2H_Ao/w1158-h865-no/2014-09-16.jpg][/img]
6yl6eOcVc0ksZn3s8qYy79duQZXVF5UHr0uYcZyBQsg=w1158-h865-no

Quick install and remove in less that 30 seconds with no wear issues, ie friction rubbing from sliding on and off!

Thanks Witold! I was reluctant to get a case because I always have prop guards on and then I took them off to put in a plastic crate for traveling and I didn't like the bulk and disorganized crate and knew I needed a special case, but then I would still have the prop guard dilemma. I saw someone posting stuff and selling stuff on the forum then discovered the 3d printer. The rest is history! I probably wouldn't mind selling the idea or future ideas too, but I don't want the hassle of selling.....and the 3d printer isn't really designed for mass production, so I just posted on Thingiverse for free hoping others will enjoy and hopefully give me credit for the design!

Very interesting.
You have almost as much tied up in batteries as I have in my P2V. That is until my rotorpixel shows up, sometime, maybe, could be by Christmas.....

I just got two more......they've really come down in price too! It's a bummer to not have enough juice......I'm gonna film a subject I've been wait to do for a while on Sat and I didn't want to worry about whether I'd have enough battery or not!

Oh, you might want to get a P2V+, it's awesome having everything integrated and with the 3d gimbal, it makes me look like I know what I'm doing. I have a P2 GoPro too, very disappointing......less flight time, no control over pic or video from the ground....

The Rotorpixel is quite a bit more durable than the P2V+ gimbal. It's not 3D, like the Plus (yet ;)), but it does a fantastic job from what I've seen. Seems to pull video every bit as good as the Plus. And it's "fully integrated"... whatever that even means.

Never understood prop guards. Between my P1 and P2 I have over a 100 flights and haven't dinged a prop yet. Maybe I'm just really lucky :D

FASTFJR said:
Never understood prop guards. Between my P1 and P2 I have over a 100 flights and haven't dinged a prop yet. Maybe I'm just really lucky :D

I have. On multiple occasions. And I have fewer flights than you. ;)
But I still wouldn't install prop guards.

Some people associate prop guards with training wheels..... I rather liken them to anti lock brakes on a motorcycle.....lets hope you never have to use them, but if you do, they are there for you!

As for selling, no..... The design download is free for the taking, so if you have a 3d printer, you'll have them in no time. If you don't, find someone that does and print them out and enjoy. Just remember where you got the design from!

Thanks to all that like the idea. It works for me and I had purchased the original prop guards but didn't like to screw and unscrew. The other design with the snap on attachment to the original prop guards is a good idea too! However, I think the guy is charging way too much for them.

In my yard with all the trees, yes. Out in the open, no. The other day when one of my small maple trees jumped in front of my quad, I think I ended up with less damage having them on. Guess I am going to have to anchor those trees down better to keep them from moving.... ;)
Nice design for yours.

I had a glitch the other day with a hard landing. The prop guard took most of the punishment and I would up with a slightly bent gimbal. I was able to fly again and the gimbal was the only issue. It would be nice to have replacement parts for the gimbal instead of having to buy the whole thing.

But my biggest issue was getting hassled by law enforcement! They acted more like drones than my drone did!

The 3d printer (in my opinion) is really a prototyper, not really for manufacturing and making finished products with extreme durability like injection molded pieces. But, once a prototype is found to be worthy of the cost of full scale production, a nice injection molded piece can be made which will have much more strength and durability!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl