Quick Release Prop Guards

Again, this guy hits the boards trying to sell stuff. Unfortunately he hasn't had an original idea yet. He got ticked off because he couldn't afford the distributors original buy-in or meet the business requirements.
He resells items like the fishing rod float that takes 10 minutes submerged to activate or a wind meter that tells you whether it's windy in your face or not. In this case he has outright violated my intellectual property rights and copied a product that I designed, manufactured and have registered with the US Patent and Trade Office.

I called him out on it on a Phantom facebook page that he is admin of and he blocked me. By doing so, he has abused his admin authority to eliminate my interaction with his spamming the page selling this counterfeit product.
These that he is selling are a fraudulent unauthorized copy of a Patent Pending product which is protected by the US Patent and Trade Office under U.S. Patent #62,039,718 with registration #53,855 and attorney docket #2332-001PRO1.

I am the owner of AfterDarkLED.com, I designed and created the Prop Guard Quick Disconnect adapters myself. They have been on the market for a while, they received the coveted "Best New R/C Product 2014" at the Southeast Electric Flight Festival in April 2014. Currently mine are not sold on my website, AtlantaHobby, our distributor carries them as well as other dealers that could meet the dealer requirements like Red Rocket Hobbies and others.

You can tell just from this photo there is a huge difference in quality between what he has knocked off and what I have produced. I guess the old adage is true, you get what you pay for.

10505079_10152582198621869_5999484438998227800_o.jpg

And yes, I do have a low post count, but I'm more of a viewer than a poster.

Please note, filing for a patent doesn't mean you will be granted the patent. Please email me and I can forward you to my lawyer if you wish. Some people don't want to pay outrageous prices such as $35 + $12 shipping. You were not the first to think of the idea, I can prove that I was looking into designing some myself long before your product came out.

Let me know if you need anything else. There is a live chat feature on our website.

Jacob

2yxkrr8.jpg

My FireBolts just came in today. Took a total of ten days to get to me from ordering date to delivery, so YMMV. :lol:

[Installation]

Pretty easy and straight forward.. line up the holes with the bolt and guard and put those deadly screws on, then insert into arms.

[Construction]

I've bought some 3D printed stuff before and this feels pretty solid. It seems it came from a spool-type printer based on all the lines I see on it. I'm not able to test the durability because I'm not really in the mood into ramming my Phantom deliberately into a wall/object. During installation though I kind of hear structural stress (cracking noises), but might be due to one of my arms slightly disfigured from a light crash.

[Pricing]

As a 3D printed item that included tax and shipping, I guess it's reasonably priced compared to it's competitors.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. I rarely use prop guards but I'd like to have one handy just in case I really need to use it.

Hey, please rate the firebolt on our website as well. Due to the surge of orders, certain colors shipped faster. We are just about caught up now. The original sets were printed on a spool type 3d printer, but since the first few orders, we have upgraded our machines to give it a cleaner feel. Let me know if anything else shows up.

Jacob

Just got mine and they don't fit at all. The holes for the screws don't line up so there is a noticeable gap between the Firebolt an the prop guard. Just a production/design error, or is this normal? ;)

20140924_132145.jpg

20140924_132350.jpg

Also one of the screw holes is way to small for a screw to fit.
20140924_132553.jpg

-Scott

Hello, are you using the stock prop guards? If so, please just screw in the screws until you see the screw on the other side. Be sure to follow along with this video. Let me know if there are any problems: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQluosSGVMU

Stock Guards. I tried screwing them in. The holes didn't line up perfectly, so there is a bit of a gap between the Firebolt and the guard, but I don't think it will effect performance, just cosmetic. I was able to get them kinda tight, but its a major PITA to screw it down since they don't line up. Ended up stripping the screws, so couldn't go any tighter.

Do yourselves a favour guys and get something thats been around for a while now so tried and tested by very satisfied Phantom users all over the globe. Its top quality and made to fit the contours of the Phantoms arms and that holds nice and tight. Made using some of the best 3d printing manufacturing around, not domestic quality consumer 3d printers.

Shipping is also nice and cheap too.

http://www.fusionimhttps://www.shapeways.com/model/2276697/4pcs-v2-click-on-prop-guard-for-dji-phantom.html

625x465_2276697_6717952_1411548013.jpg

625x465_2276693_3868935_1411548036.jpg

625x465_2276693_3868933_1411548036.jpg

625x465_2276693_3868935_1411548036.jpg

Our product has been tested by me and many customers. I don't see a single video with your prop guards. We even did a strength test. But if you guys want to pay $33 + $7 domestic and $25 international shipping then wait 2-3 weeks for your order, go ahead. The reason we developed our product is to give a more economic option that paying $50 for a set.

Also, micbergsma, the popular GoPro youtuber with over 180,000 subscribers, along with Simon Newton and geek beat (80,000 subs) have all wanted to review it. Look for their reviews soon.

But thanks anyways for trying to sabotage my post :)

I hope you told your intended reviewers that it's not your idea, not your design, the patent pending is not registered to you, you weren't the first to market with it and yours is of low quality. I've been contacted by dissatisfied customers of yours with problems with your design and low quality.

You have no room to say anything about "sabotaging somebody's post", you are just as guilty for advertising your stuff under a product release of mine. As well as blocking me because you know you are in the wrong. Maybe you should move out of mommy and daddy's house and understand how the real world works, try coming up with an original thought, not remarket and copy somebody else's product.

You're nothing more than a pimple on the *** of society and karma is a *****, hope your ready for it!

Almost everything you posted is untrue, but I'm going to remain professional and not get into bashing other products and yet even more immature is bashing the hard workers behind the product. I hope an admin views your post and deletes it.

Not your idea - True, hundreds of people have had the idea I'm sure. Turning an idea into a reality is a whole different ball game.
Not your design - True, somebody else did the CAD work.
Not your Patent Pending number registered to you - True, it's registered under my name and USPTO #62,039,178.
Not first to market with it - True, you even congratulated me on being 1st to market and said "you wished you were".
Quality - I'll let the above post speak for itself.

Don't even try to act holier than thou and play the professional card, you violated that when you blocked me, deleted my posts, posted on my product release page on RC Groups in which a moderator had to hide your post for unethical behavior and fraudulently made unauthorized knockoffs of my registered product which violates my intellectual property rights.

You should tell the truth that you wanted me to sell direct to you and you were directed to contact the national distributor, then you got upset because you couldn't meet the dealer buy-in or the requirement of having a "brick and mortar" business location.
Every bit of that's true, try to dispute any of it, you can't.

Nobody bashed any workers, as for your "product", again, the post above speaks volumes. I'm not the poster of that, somebody I don't even know posted it and apparently he has a problem with your quality.

People should know about who they are spending their hard earned money with. Character and how they do business matters.

Had mine in 2 days! $25.00 free shipping- they installed and worked as advertised -made well!
I read this post when I first was looking to get this product. I found it comical that "DJMix" seems to be preoccupied slamming DJI guy??? I am a retired businessman myself, and I couldn't get past the old rule of "Not knocking your competitor"!! And the $50.00 cost of course.... :roll:

M

I bought a set of Firebolts. They are of good quality and install easily. I like that the pins are a bit deeper than other similar products that I have seen.

With any product, there's going to be that intersection between quality and price--it's called value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav