Quick question

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you all had a good weekend, received the p3a on Friday night so did some reading and battery charging, Sat a.m. was perfect, out early and down to the local flying club. Had my first flight, kept it in close and low just wanted to get familiar before cocky. Got a bit of footage and a few stills. My first opinion is that this isn't a flying machine more a stable camera platform, something that I have to understand and appreciate, I certainly appreciate the technology and the stability, a nice bit of kit to add to the toys I already fly, both f.w and helis. The question, I have done a little reading and it seems that people are experiencing problems after installing latest updates, my tab informs me that updates are available, do I leave it till later. I also don't have 'the follow me' feature or the 'circle around an object's feature, Will these be installed upon updating....g

Its the phantom 3 standard
Welcome, there is a specific thread for standard Standard/4k Discussion

As the answer is same for all, it is maximum 500 meters, no way to change it. It is known that in mountain or similar it can be a severe limitation.

Hi guys, hope you all had a good weekend, received the p3a on Friday night so did some reading and battery charging, Sat a.m. was perfect, out early and down to the local flying club. Had my first flight, kept it in close and low just wanted to get familiar before cocky. Got a bit of footage and a few stills. My first opinion is that this isn't a flying machine more a stable camera platform, something that I have to understand and appreciate, I certainly appreciate the technology and the stability, a nice bit of kit to add to the toys I already fly, both f.w and helis. The question, I have done a little reading and it seems that people are experiencing problems after installing latest updates, my tab informs me that updates are available, do I leave it till later. I also don't have 'the follow me' feature or the 'circle around an object's feature, Will these be installed upon updating....g

In order for you to have the follow mode, POI and way points, in your setting, you have to enable MULTIPLE FLIGHTS MODE. Once enable, flip your right switch to F mode and you should be able to see and choose any of those modes. There are a lot of tutorials in youtube on how to do those. It helps a lot. Knowing those makes the experience more enjoyable and above all safe. Have fun.

f1f153ffad1ffd3165ae3dde17349641.jpg

POI by the way is dependent to the phone or tab you are using. It must have an active gps for the p3 to follow you (at lest for the P3S). I am using ipad mini2 (wifi only) and follow is not possible.

Or you can purchase Litchi, it will follow and track you without a device with an active gps.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winelad
Yeah but mine only goes like 150m and its open flat area....?

Did you checked what limit is set in the Go app, MC Settings, Maximum altitude, the maximum that can be set is 500 meters.
Also there is a beginner mode that could maybe limit what distance / altitude you can fly.

Did you checked what limit is set in the Go app, MC Settings, Maximum altitude, the maximum that can be set is 500 meters.
Also there is a beginner mode that could maybe limit what distance / altitude you can fly.
Yeah checked all of that and still only about 150m and the it returns home

Is it 150 meters distance ? Seems really short even for a standard from what I heard (I don't have one).
Did you see the signal indicators dropping in the remote control ?
Maybe it could be the orientation of the antenna ? Is there any tree in the path to the drone or you can directly see it ?
Or some other wifi but you say you are in an open area. If you look in the HD setup section, did you see a lot of RED bars ? That would mean there are some disturbance. Maybe you can also check to have AUTO for the channel setting.
Another possibility is if you have some active cellular phone with you, maybe better to leave it away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20