Quick Question about resolution on P3P

Reaction score
Hello all,

first time poster here.

I did a quick search, but I didn't find a definitive answer and was hoping someone here could let me know an answer to a hopefully simple question.

With the Phantom 3 Professional, do you have control over what resolutions the camera will record? For example, can you switch to 1080p to save file space on the fly?

Obviously you could always rip it down to a lower resolution after it is recorded, but I am curious if you can actually change resolution settings a the time of capture.

Thanks guys!

I do that to test different resolutions and such so, yes, you can do it on the fly. You just have to stop recording and go into settings and switch it, then start recording again. Quad is very stable to wait for you to do that.

Awesome - Thanks for the advice.

Right now I have one device that could play back the full 4k stream, but it seems that future proofing and going with the P3P would be the best idea as I am quite sure I will eventually being getting 4k TV's, monitors, etc

Thanks!

The main advantage to 4K, at present, is that you can crop and pan your videos during the editing process, and still have full HD; or grab decent quality stills from your videos.

Most YouTube or Vimeo videos are 1080 or 720 anyway. So having ultra-high quality in your original video is an asset, but only if you plan to edit. If you don't want tinker after you shoot, it's better to shoot in 1080, thereby reducing the stress on your computer when viewing, and keeping the file sizes smaller.

The main advantage to 4K, at present, is that you can crop and pan your videos during the editing process, and still have full HD; or grab decent quality stills from your videos.

Most YouTube or Vimeo videos are 1080 or 720 anyway. So having ultra-high quality in your original video is an asset, but only if you plan to edit. If you don't want tinker after you shoot, it's better to shoot in 1080, thereby reducing the stress on your computer when viewing, and keeping the file sizes smaller.

Good point!

I upload my P3P videos to YouTube as 4k. It's the only way I can watch them on my 4K TV because it won't play from my USB for some reason. Just haven't had time to investigate why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4