Quick question about landing

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Im a complete beginner here, and have this question:

If Im flying at, lets say 100m and I need to land as fast as possible, can I pull the left stick all the way down? Doesn't that turn off the motors?

I thought Id better ask before I try that one!

You can and it will not turn off the motors until after your Phantom lands. You can only turn off the motors in the air by doing a CSC.

Great! Thanks for your help, I think im gonna be hooked on this for a long while...

I just realized, my controller is backwards from the norm. My power stick is on the right. Wondering if I should switch it, or just continue with what I've learned on.

That would be the main way to land, so yes it would be fine.

While the P3 is one of the most stable Phantoms, I'd still recommend that you consider moving the P3 slightly to the side (or side to side) while using full downward motion. It should not slow down the descent but it may help to avoid any prop wash. The props push air downward and at the same time you are descending into that downward pushed air. This _might_ cause the Phantom to be slightly unstable. Again, the P3 does a _very_ good job of avoiding this but I think it's still good to do.

Reactions: snowghost
You can hand catch the Pro and as you hold it, bring the descend stick all the way to the bottom center and it will stop the motors.

It's how I hand catch mine and shut down the motors with the other hand.

You can hand catch the Pro and as you hold it, bring the descend stick all the way to the bottom center and it will stop the motors
Yep. The motors shut down because the Phantom thinks it has landed.

Good, I 'll do that. Thanks for the advice. i will be looking around this website for this kind of tips I find very useful.

Good to know. Great thread

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just realized, my controller is backwards from the norm. My power stick is on the right. Wondering if I should switch it, or just continue with what I've learned on.
Many people across the pond fly Mode 1, as well as some here in the states. It's whatever you're comfortable with, and there is no right or wrong. You probably won't be able to let other people try your Phantom, but that's not a bad thing.

SD

Many people across the pond fly Mode 1, as well as some here in the states. It's whatever you're comfortable with, and there is no right or wrong. You probably won't be able to let other people try your Phantom, but that's not a bad thing.

SD
Like would....lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20