Quick poll

Reaction score
So i hope everyones NYE was a good one and ppl are getting a new and exciting images/videos from this holiday season.
but what i want to ask from everyone is who has crashed and what app were they running at the time?
this is not to start a blame game, its for me to decide if Litchi or AutoPilot or any other is worth buying. im not after anyone who thinks the app they are using is better, its simply a way for me to get a census on at the time of anyones crash what software they were using, i realise that many factors also contribute to why a drone will crash and its not always the apps fault. but i was so close to getting litchi tonight then i watched a few youtube vids that have me thinking twice about spending the $30 on it. ( i know this is chump change compared to the cost of a drone but if you find out it doesn't work with your set up then its a waste)

so id like a response with this info if you would be so kind.
1. What app were you using at time of crash?
2. do you think it was apps error or user error?
3. what platform? (i.e. Android, IOS, others (if any))
4. Harware (i.e. DBS mods/argtech, magic or others)
5. Nothing to do with app or hardware..."I was simply a **** and crashed"

Please be constructive im hoping for some worth while input to help those on the fence about what Mobile app to use.

thanks for reading...happy flying. ;)

every crash my son and I had in the past 6 months of flying has been while using DJI Go app.
every accident has been traced to pilot error either in control or in wrong settings on app.

Reactions: Uzi3L
every crash my son and I had in the past 6 months of flying has been while using DJI Go app.
every accident has been traced to pilot error either in control or in wrong settings on app.
LOL good point. **** Autocorrect. will try to change it now.

**** can't change/edit the topic title HAHAHA. Poles are also good in the right
environment.

Sorry, but I have nothing constructive to say. The poll has too many variable, too many combinations of elements to be useful. IMO

ps: The header can be edited under the thread tool menu.

I crashed using Litchi. Definitely pilot error though. I use Litchi 99 times out of 100 and I love it. I can't speak about autopilot, but I can tell you that Litchi is worth every Penney they charge.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah but I kind of like these kinds of surveys or polls or whatever. Like the 2 guys that accidentally added a waypoint in Litchi by touching the screen. I hopefully learned from their stories and won't do it myself.. This could be a good learning tool also.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, but I have nothing constructive to say. The poll has too many variable, too many combinations of elements to be useful. IMO

ahh ok ill try to edit it then using your advice.

Changed thanks.

yes i agree that there can be many variables but in a general over view, this is not in the realm of impossibility.
i have asked for 5 points of input, ill admit not a cover all bases type of question air but it covers the questions i require to answer my quandary....there really does not need to be much more thought into it.

its like asking will i get wet in the rain. many variables will allow you to say no but when asked have i got wet walking in the rain without protection can be answered simply, why make a simple question hard?

Changed thanks.

yes i agree that there can be many variables but in a general over view, this is not in the realm of impossibility.
i have asked for 5 points of input, ill admit not a cover all bases type of question air but it covers the questions i require to answer my quandary....there really does not need to be much more thought into it.
Think you started with 7 questions, now you trimmed it down to 5. That's a good start at making the responses more meaningful. It's a good start to some interesting conversation. The only thing I'd add is there are many folks that never will accept that their crash was caused by their actions, but put the fault at hardware or software (app or fw), so that will always skew your results to some degree.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did some work at one time for the NTSB regarding administrative hearings, and the most common issue in a crash = "Pilot Error".....

Think you started with 7 questions, now you trimmed it down to 5. That's a good start at making the responses more meaningful. It's a good start to some interesting conversation. The only thing I'd add is there are many folks that never will accept that their crash was caused by their actions, but put the fault at hardware or software (app or fw), so that will always skew your results to some degree.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm nope the only edits to original post was to change spelling and thread title.

but your 100% correct. about ppl not taking their own actions to why they crashed thats why #5 is there hoping that ppl will be honest.
yes i know I'm dreaming as a lot dont no matter what i can't help that. lets just hope what ever feedback i get helps me and others......

I crashed my P3S using Litchi. Definitely pilot error. I didn't factor in ground elevation when planning my mission because I failed to recognize that altitude is based on your take off location. Could have easily been avoided by reading the manual and these forums before getting too comfortable planning missions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31