Quick P3s charging question

Reaction score
Right this should be a simple one, i am going camping in a few weeks and only have one battery for my P3s (too tight to pay £100 for a lipo:eek:)
I am also too tight to pay for EHU on the campsite, so any suggestions on how to get a charge or 2 into the lipo, i will have both a car and a 12v power source, i am hoping there may be a plug socket in the wash room area but i dont like the idea of leaving a pricey lipo sitting around waiting for some scroat to steal it

Yep .... ebay is full of suitable car chargers for P3 .....

Your Controller uses your mobile phone charger (as long as you have the Samsung style plug) .... your tablet etc. will same ...

Nigel

Reactions: apollo64
Yep .... ebay is full of suitable car chargers for P3 .....

Your Controller uses your mobile phone charger (as long as you have the Samsung style plug) .... your tablet etc. will same ...

Nigel
Yes my controller and tablet are not an issue, so the lighter socket lipo charger is worth a look for the odd use?

It works ! ..... what more can you say.

Reactions: apollo64
Another item you could think about is a 12v to 110vac inverter.
Not only could you use it for your LiPo charger, but other small 110vac items.
They are pretty cheap... just have to look. Harbor Freight comes to mind, but there are other outlets that sell them.
It's not like you are going to run an air conditioner or a table saw...

Another item you could think about is a 12v to 110vac inverter.
Not only could you use it for your LiPo charger, but other small 110vac items.
They are pretty cheap... just have to look. Harbor Freight comes to mind, but there are other outlets that sell them.
It's not like you are going to run an air conditioner or a table saw...

That is the other option .......but in my view it is a waste of energy.....12v to 220v and back down to 17v lots lost in heat....:)

That is the other option .......but in my view it is a waste of energy.....12v to 220v and back down to 17v lots lost in heat....:)
That is true... I was just thinking of another option, although not the best. Yes, those type of inverters are not very efficient either... BUT....
I didn't realize you were 220 either.

Reactions: Philltayl
Cheap inverters are also very 'dirty' in power output ... not advised for sensitive gear.

The car ciggy chargers on eBay are cheap as chips and do a good job. I have one that delivers literally same watts as the standard supplied charger..... quick look on eBay throws up many the same.

Nigel

Thanks for the posts, i ordered the cheap ebay ciggy lighter charger for about £12

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj